What do you do? School (what kind of) / Work (Where)

full 4 year school/diploma ($24k/year)...it's in the top 10 liberal arts colleges in california for the past like 6 years...

my senior year sucked ass....23 credits per quarter + teaching lab 3 times a week in 2 different labs + a senior project for each degree that I earned + a girlfriend...but hey, 3 degree's in 5 years ain't bad at all concidering one of my friends tried to do 2 of those and the senior projects bogged him down...sleep was a luzary i did not have...if i fell behind even a day in class work, it would've kicked my ass...i was on a schedule and i had to stick to that schedule or i'd be screwed...

all through college my average load per quarter was 18/19 units...and sadly I graduated with a 3.49...0.01% lower than graduating with honors, stupid "eastern Religions" class messed me up on one of the tests...or I would've got honors...

Damn.. feel almost alone with all you school pups :wink:

I'm on my 2. year of a 4 year education to be a car mechanic.. basically I work in a garage, fixing car, and getting paid 1/3 of what a normal mechanic gets..

only 2? more years and I'll be a mechanic earning 20 bucks'n'hour..

Renesis said:
Starting my first year of College (out of 3) in August, I'm studying in Buisness Administration

Sort of in the same ally that I'm studying.

School:
-3.rd year Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Sales and Leadership/management. www.bli.no
-1 year Advertising

Work now:
-Realestate-assistant at one of the most "profittable" companies in Oslo dt.
-Model at HeartBreak modelagency www.pholk.no

Work then:
-NetCom, every summer. It's a mobilephonetelecom company.
-NATO in London 3 years ago.

You all have impressive degrees and interresting fields of choice.

Im proud to spend my time talking with all of you :D

haz

i am in my second year at Stony Brook University

i am pre-med pretty much with a Biochemistry major

MercedesAMG said:

....and a rich guy in the making....the health industry pays extremely well (I'm sure you already know that), and it's only going to get better.

SiR_dude said:
MercedesAMG said:

....and a rich guy in the making....the health industry pays extremely well (I'm sure you already know that), and it's only going to get better.

yeah lol.. lets just hope it stays that way when its my turn.. i am hoping to become some kind of surgeon.. specifially cardio

MercedesAMG said:
SiR_dude said:
MercedesAMG said:

yeah lol.. lets just hope it stays that way when its my turn.. i am hoping to become some kind of surgeon.. specifially cardio

Let's put it this way: my sister is a nurse, and she worked in Hamilton, ON for about a year or so - started at over $20 an hour. THen last year she got married to a guy from the States, and they moved there. She got a job at a local hospital (working in surgery) with maybe 1.5 years experience at 40k US!!! I think that's a heckuva good wage to make that early in a career.

I was wondering..In Holland we get studyfinancing...like 300 euros per month for me, it depends on your insurrance and if you live at home or at your own.
You have to pay books and collegechecks (sp?) with that. You also get a Public Transport Pass with that you can travel for free to go to school. (By train, bus, whatever..)

How's that in other countries????

the only way you get money to pay for college here in the US is by either 1. having really good grades and getting scholarship.. where they pay for some of your tuition or all of it.. 2. get a loan from the bank where they pay for it all and when your done.. you get charged up the ass with interest when they ask for their money back.. or 3. you get financial aid from the school if they see that you cant afford the school but they are nice and cut off a couple bux

you still pay for gas to get to school, no free transportation

I have gotten none of those but because my school is a SUNY school (State University of New York) most of the tuition is paid thru taxes.. so i only have to pay about $12,000 a year for school, food, and room... whereas if i went to a private university.. you can pay from as little as 17,000(if its an ok school) to about 50,000 (if you feel like going to Harvard or somethin and somehow get in)

Only 12000 dollars...How much do you actually pay for your education?
I pay about 1500 euros a year for college and about 600-800 euros for books.

I work in Admin @ Intuit. The makers of QuickBooks?, Turbo Tax? and other fine software.

You got to remember, 12000 dollars includes a place to live and food for nearly a year, which if you think about it, isn't that bad considering it also includes an education.

emanon said:
I work in Admin @ Intuit. The makers of QuickBooks?, Turbo Tax? and other fine software.

Interesting.
Turbo Tax is my program of choice for taxes every year.

Yeah, It's about $852 a month to live on your own here...so thats $10,223 a year. Plus PT Pass, thats $85 a month, $1020 a year. That's a total of $11,243. So that?s pretty much the same as here. :)

so i only have to pay about $12,000 a year for school, food, and room...
Read it again...YOU pay $12.000 a year? I don't have to pay that...
I get it all from the government...Only if you go to a private school you'll pay it yourself (parents). I really don't have to pay anything for school, you'll get your money every month and you'll save it to pay your collegecheck. I'm confused now...Do you pay it yourself or does the government pay it (part of it)