What do you do? School (what kind of) / Work (Where)

Car(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (USDM)
You're confusing me too, here, you pay the $12000 yourself (unless you get scholarships or something like that).
You're saying that the Dutch government gives you $11,243 a year right?

BTW, I checked and last year I paid about 20% of my income in taxes (income tax, social security medicare, etc...).

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
I get like $300 a month now. So that's about $3600 a year.
If you also count the money you get for Public Transport, which is $85 a month/$1020 a year. You'll get $4620 a year.
I pay about $1800 for college. Plus $700-$900 for books. Total of $2700. And the rest...spend it on beers I guess? :p

Oh the $11.243 I mentioned was when you get the full load of money...living on your own and stuff...and I counted the Public Transport Cash into it too..

But you need the cash here...government increased insurancemoney and all shit, pay for your dentalvisits...at least $100 a time (for me :roll: )
Pay your own medicines... :?

haha604

My tuition at a public Canadian univeristy is about CAD$4500 this year, which at today's exchange rate roughly equals US$3465. No housing (because I live 15 min away from the school) is included, but it includes a public transport pass which is useful for the occasional drink at night (over 1 beer can = illegal to drive), and health insurance.

Books cost about CAD$500-1000, depending on how often I make use of the photocopier :mrgreen:

My Danish professor told me before that he went to univeristy in Denmark for free. You just pay you ass off in taxes once you get to work.

Renesis

Lazier than Viper
Car(s)
2007 BMW Z4 3.0 SI
college costed me like $250 in books this semester + like $400 of various fees. Quebec rocks

oliB

ESPNSTI said:
BTW, I checked and last year I paid about 20% of my income in taxes (income tax, social security medicare, etc...).

:shock:
AFAIK my father paid about 50% (49 or something). :?
I'm done with school now and hopefully I will pay the same high income taxes one day... :p :D

cya
Oli

MercedesAMG

Jostyrostelli said:
Only 12000 dollars...How much do you actually pay for your education?
I pay about 1500 euros a year for college and about 600-800 euros for books.

my education costs $6000, and the room and food cost the other $6000
and then i aso have to pay another $300-350 for textbooks and notebooks and such

the cheapest schools are community colleges which usually cost $2000 a year.. but you only get 2 years education out of it (associates degree).. if you want higher, you have to go to another private or public school which usually costs about the amount i pay or a lot lot more

MercedesAMG

$6000 for 1 year for education... so $24,000 for 4 years.. but i am paying $12,000 a year so i pay $48,000 for 4 years.. and then i also gotta pay for medical school which i dont even want to think about right now

ML55 /////AMG

I'm home schooled in 11th grade, when I'm out of high school I'll probably go to a community college for two years, then transfer to Stony Brook University, my dream goal is to attain a PH.D in business from NYU. Ah I can hear the flood of debt flowing in now. :( :lol:

jasonchiu

Forum Addict
the middle man for companies which are seeking insurence. say if A wants insureance for their employees then i go find one for them whcih meets their requirements and budgets

swek

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
Had a bicycle once.
I'm in my second jear at University studying law. If everything works out the way i planned it, i'll finish my study in 2009/10.

Daniel

swek, wow, patience man. 8) Im in 3rd year of high school. Have studied media and comunications for the past two years (together with Hanasand who is also a member here) Now Im studying general stuff to get a "license" to go to University. Im going to Bali after the summer for 4 months to do something called X-Phil, its a pre-University thing, easy study, lot of spare time. :D
Want to study phsycology/law/politics. Cant decide yet. Dream job is to be a car journalist. Or work as a movie producer/actor.

Im kind of excited. :)

swek

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
Had a bicycle once.
Daniel said:
swek, wow, patience man. 8)

I am German, so i'm genetically bound to excessive planing...ahh what a relief i can finally adress the problem :D