What do you guys think Audi A3 or Acura TSX?

The pic posted by Mischief isn't a regular A3. It's an A3 SB (sportback).

A3:
a3001.jpg

A3 Sportback:
09.jpg

So if you prefer the A3 but don't like the little space it has, you can go for the Sportback version.

Greetz Johan

Take it for a drive and let us know porschefan. I know for a fact that I don't like due to all the back windows being so small and looks cramped. But then again I didn't sit in it.

freerider: Remember North America, the continent where we get royally screwed when it comes to proper vehicles.

Mischief007 said:
freerider: Remember North America, the continent where we get royally screwed when it comes to proper vehicles.

I didn't respond to it, to diss you or something. Didn't know about you guys not getting the regular A3. But me as an Audifan has to tell you guys this, don't I :p . It was just a minor correction.

Greetz Johan

Hmmmmmm, audi or acura? Saab :lol:

Seriously though, I'd go for the Audi A3. Japanese cars are good on paper, but they never feel right when you're driving them. Sure the grip the road well as a european car, but they don't seem to talk to you the same way. That and the A3 looks a lot cooler and it has a torquier engine than the TSX. You won't have to rev the piss out of the audi to get it's power. I see only two problems with the A3. 1. It's FWD at this point, but then again the TSX will never be AWD. 2. If it's like other audis the steering will be rather dead.

freerider said:
Mischief007 said:

I didn't respond to it, to diss you or something. Didn't know about you guys not getting the regular A3. But me as an Audifan has to tell you guys this, don't I :p . It was just a minor correction.

Greetz Johan

No worries man. Just letting you know how "WE" get screwed over here. This is why I'm planning to go to Europe soon. I'm a car enthusiast living in North America, land of the shit cars (mostly, I actually like the Alero -- more euro styling than anything else).

Raven18940 said:
Hmmmmmm, audi or acura? Saab :lol:

Yeah, get a 9-3 SS :D

Out of those 2 I'd probably rate the A3 higher cause of styling (i doubt you can fault either car on quality or ride). And get a black one :p

bihus said:
Why not the TL... A lot prettier... ;)

Yeah the Tl would be nice.... I'm looking for something under 30,000 US now... and something a little smaller. Also the RL does not have 40/60 folding seats or a ski bag in the arm rest, so i'd have to get a roof rack, which i really rather not get..

For those who said the saab, I only wish i could get that. cause ofcourse i'd the the 9-2X aero, but they're options are all put together in packages and when i'd put what is in the A3 or the Acura tsx, it goes to around 32,000.... I know, i know AWD... and i'd love that too...

I didn't get to take a test drive of the A3 yet.. sorry guys, was a little busy on friday.. but i'll get to it this week...

porschefan said:
For those who said the saab, I only wish i could get that. cause ofcourse i'd the the 9-2X aero, but they're options are all put together in packages and when i'd put what is in the A3 or the Acura tsx, it goes to around 32,000.... I know, i know AWD... and i'd love that too...
9-2X? 32K? What exactly did you kit the thing with? You should also know that you can get a 9-2 right now waaaaaaaay under sticker price cause they haven't been selling. Also it's an Impreza under the skin so it'll run forever and be easy to fix.

Holy crap, i hadn't even seen the finished 9-2 yet.. it's just an impreza dammit, even the interior is lifted out of one :(

RIP saab, i guess it's over now.

never had experience with Adui A3, however last weeken I took my TL-S in for 30,000 mile service, the dealer gave me a loner TSX for one day at no charge.:thumbsup:

and I have to say I love that car, everything feels great and nicely put togather, usual Acura quality. its K24A motor revs nicely and it's pretty quiet untill you hit vtec
overall I was very impressed by the car, plus the only optional equment was the Navi system. for the price it's a very nice car.

my only complain (or should i say dislike) was the drive-by-wire gas pedal, it felt like an arcade game, no feel to the engine or road surface at all. but it's no biggie, I just perfer cable-driven pedals, IMO drive-by-wire should only be fitted to luxury cars

I would suggest the A3. I will soon be in the market for a car (since I will be graduating and making lots of money). I am quite tall, and the A3 felt like it fit better than the TSX (since the dealership was an Audi/Saab/Acura dealer). I also like the A3's design and options much better. DSG is nice (a friend of mine test drove one with DSG).

ChaoZ said:
No Quattro in Canada? Where we actually need it during the winter? What was Audi thinking?! :bangin:
They're thinking the same thing they're thinking in Europe. The 3.2L Quattro wasn't made available upon release. They're working on bringing it to the NA market.

As for my suggestion...you'd think I'd go for the A3 (which I would), but that doesn't mean the TSX isn't a fantastic car and worth every penny. Only two options: Automatic or manual? Navigation or not? I like that...everything else is standard, and it has fantastic build quality (not like the A3 of course, but hey...)

The 2.0TFSI is an absolutely marvelous engine. The specs are eye-opening on paper...I mean, 207 lb-ft of torque from 1800 to 5000 RPM? The Honda motor can't TOUCH that. Though the Honda is a high-revving, jumpy engine and some people prefer that.

Personally I think the Audi would handle better than the TSX. Although I've never driven an A3 myself, I've driven a manual transmission A4, and I've found the shifter and clutch a bit rubbery. Other than that, cornering and steering response are very good. As for Japanese cars, I've driven a TSX before and personally I think in terms of handling, it is no match compared to Audi. However, the car runs very smoothly and because it's a Japanese car, it's got to be very reliable. Another thing is I find is the seats in small Audis (A4, and I guess A3 as well) are not very comfortable; they feel too firm. On the other hand Acura seats are more comfy. Of course you must try both cars yourself in order to choose which one you like, I'm just giving my personal opinions as to how I feel about the two cars. :)