What do you think of tuning companies?

Fail:

Hennessay, Saleen, 9FF, Edo, Brabaus, Callaway, Evo-tech, HKS, Greddy, Mines (basically the ones who do stupid body kits and loads of useless power)

MINES is known for super well balanced cars that excel at the track and street not for insane HP numbers. i mean i think their BNR34 only made something like 550 at the wheels which is basically nothing in the world of GT-Rs. I think you might be thinking about TopSecret. Also while 9ff is known for making insanely high powered cars such as the GT9 their bread and butter are very very fast track and street cars with excellent handling. I mean they are no Manthey Racing but they sure as hell are alot better than say Tech Art or Gemballa

Amuse Vs. Mines
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8vAxzLApPs&feature=related[/youtube]

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking about Tech-art and Gemballa too. Ok I will concede Mines, I don't really know much about them...just assumed it was another one of those hp monster tuning companies.

I'd bump Lingenfelter up from the "meh" category, simply based on the fact that in one of Car & Driver's tuned car shootouts, the Lingenfelter Corvette was the only one which didn't break down during the testing.

RUF are brilliant. I often look at their finished result and wonder why the car didn't look like that in the first place.

I love Alpina too. Especially their old stuff.

e12-alpina-own-7.jpg

Yeeh-yuh. :cool: