What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The One Upper

Car(s)
BMW 750iL E32/2 M70 1992
I tried to post something but it didn't go through, so it gave me time to think and before I post anything to the top gear website itself I would like to know if you guys agree or am I just taking crazy pills. :

This may not be a new idea, I don't know because I don't care to read all the comments before mine, but how about two shows! One for the mindless masses who can't open the hood, sorry bonnet, of their car let alone change a tire at the side of the road. And another for the devoted and loyal few who were with the show from the start. I may not be able to see it in person because I live in Cali, but I watched the show from the start when there were only 20 men in the audience. It may hurt to read this but the show has become americanized. At the end of the alabama retard hick show there was mention of a lawsuit for misrepresenation. I thought that was supremely ironic coming from a country that does nothing other than misrepresent itself. If you read a car ad here in the states it will tell you WOW this car is so FAST 0-60 in 1 SECOND.....etc..... and then in the small print something on the lines of; do not attempt! professional driver! closed course! we are not responsible!!!!!!!! All the people in the TV and magazines are fit, but 60% of the country is obese, and mtv shows have a paid audience full of models lining the front rows, the models themselves are 60% plastic. What I am trying to say is that my beloved Top Gear is becoming fake! Instead of just an audience of people who want to see the show now you have to drag along your sister (Lord knows we car geeks don't have girlfriends) and if she is semi-good looking she is placed in front taking up space of true gear heads. And the bits are so fake it's not even amusing. To summarize; I love Top Gear and I like the funny new bits but they are cutting into the time of the real show, the reviews and such. My favourite episodes, the ones I watch over and over again are the epic races across many countries; I feel like I am there like I'm driving a Merc SLR or the DB9 myself. Now that I don't have that anymore it's time for you to give up the name Top Gear, so that if a real car show for true gear heads comes along in the future they can use the name, and you can call your new show "sucking up to the aristobrats (the upper crass) with some funny bits here and there" I certinly hope it's an honest desire to entertain that is driving these changes and not good old american greed. James if you ever decide to go back to the good old days of Top Gear I'm with you 100% and as soon as I swim to the UK I will work for free to make the show happen as it was. The millionaires can keep on making the masses laugh untill the masses lose interest and switch to whatever is in style next, then they will come crawling back wishing they never changed a thing, crawling back to the true loyal gear head fans who were there from the start and not just following some fad. Bring back the epics and don't turn your back on your true fans!

So which is it? Am I being too harsh? Did I misspell something? Or am I just crazy and I should just continue keeping to myself?

Maybe if you use some basic English skills, like, paragraphing for example, I'll consider reading your rambling note.

By the way, what is this, where are you planning on posting it, what is it in response to?

I see you can use the Shift key, have you ever considered using the one above it? I've seen better paragraph structure on 4chan.

I see you can use the Shift key, have you ever considered using the one above it? I've seen better paragraph structure on 4chan.

Noooooooo don't make him write it all in Caps Lock, that'll be worse :p

Did you just do a big bag of whip?

Spinoffs never work. You should know that from Joanie Loves Chachi... Scott Baio. :lol:

Looks like we are getting back to the end of last month when we had some stange threads started.

It's quite pointless, has no structure and no idea of why its here. Close this one mods??

:lock:

a) There's plenty of threads this could already have gone in.

b) I've no idea what it says beyond that first line - I'm not reading a massive slab of text like that.

c) Paragraphs are your friend - I suggest you learn how to use them if you want to make useful posts.

Instead of just an audience of people who want to see the show now you have to drag along your sister (Lord knows we car geeks don't have girlfriends) and if she is semi-good looking she is placed in front taking up space of true gear heads.

<_< :rolleyes: <_<

Also, given that "you cargeeks" (nebulous bunch, them) are so repulsive you don't have girlfriends, why would you assume that the general public would want to have your ugly mugs broadcast into their living rooms? :blink:

Last edited:
Will this be closed??

Two shows isn't a bad idea. I just think the three would get overworked. So far they can only handle 10 episodes a year.

TL;DR

Also, given that "you cargeeks" (nebulous bunch, them) are so repulsive you don't have girlfriends, why would you assume that the general public would want to have your ugly mugs broadcast into their living rooms? :blink:
Oh snap, somebody just laid the
smackdown.jpg

:lol: :thumbsup:

I think swapping his age and post count around may more accurately reflect everyone's perception of The One Upper...

:lock: please

Status
Not open for further replies.