What exotic driving locations should Top Gear film at?

I would like to see a TopGear special with the premise of something like, "buy and modify a car and then drive it around the world, you can ONLY use it and have to modify it along the way to get over sea and stuff". Maybe to skip the atlantic ocean perhaps maybe london-new york with one vehicle challange. Perhaps it would be a bit ambitious i dunno maybe it could be a whole series or something.

Last edited:
The three best roads according to Alfa Romeo (so TG has to love them, right? :p):

The Jebel Hafeet Road (UAE), the Atlantic Road/Atlanterhavsveien (Norway), the Coll de Cals Reis (Mallorca/Spain, I'm guessing they drove on this one during the classic car rally they took part in).

http://www.alfaromeo.it/bestroads/

Jeremy mentioned the Atlantic Road in Norway in the "An evening with Top Gear" webcast in january '15. Bet it will happen ;)

A trans-Siberian drive should figure in their plans someday.

What I cannot understand is why they have never used it before, it's close, exellent road surface, easy to get to from 'down South', it's quite possibly the easiest part of the Highlands to get to by car from England.

Maybee they can't get permission to shut it down? It's a pretty important road for the region after all....

Last edited:
Here are a several ideas for Grand Tour specials:
Pan-American Highway (but I don't know how welcomed they would be in Argentina, and the whole route would probably take at least 3 or 4 hour-long episodes, so they could drive just the Central American segment)
West Africa (Tangier to Lagos, through 13 countries and 1 disputed region. Also, for every country they step foot in, they would have to go to that country's capital city as well)
East Europe (Helsinki to Athens, through 13 countries)
Caucasus, Iran, and Central Asia (Tbilisi, Georgia to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, through 11 countries, and if they can't get into Iran, they can just cross the Caspian Sea from Baku to Turkmenbashi)
Antarctica (South Pole) (Start at the closest point of coast to the pole and drive to the pole)