What exotic driving locations should Top Gear film at?

But these regions are way too far apart to make a road trip work (that could be made into an episode, I mean).

You seem very opposed to the idea, but why? It's the only continent left that they haven't done any episodes in, and whats stopping a longer trip being made into an episode? Its not as though they broadcast the whole lot. And the distance from Darwin to Adelaide is 3000km, and can be done in just over one day if you really want to, with driver changes and what have you.

An Australia Special would be awesome (if only for the inevitable Priscilla, Queen of the Desert references - drag race, anyone? ;)), but what I'm thinking is for them to buy cheap cars, and then modify them to be (at least partially) solar powered.

I've never been to Norway, but one just needs to look at a map and see all the fjords and mountains and islands to know that there's got to be some pretty damn spectacular roads up there. Beautiful in the summer, lethal in the winter. I imagine.

The Finnish Lakeland is fabulous. Not quite Ha Long Bay, but then Ha Long Bay didn't have any swooping rally roads going through it.

Or they could go to Israel, where they still are. There are some really great roads in Israel, from the hairpin-filled Galilee B-roads to the Negev desert straights. I'd love to see an Israel challenge, where they have to buy cars for ?10000.

Also, a Boston-Montreal challenge in terrible weather.

Now THAT's a good idea.

Israel's a good idea, go from Eilat to the northern border in cars they buy in the southern part of hte country (and see how they fare up north).

Now THAT's a good idea.

Israel's a good idea, go from Eilat to the northern border in cars they buy in the southern part of hte country (and see how they fare up north).

and they could even do that in like two days. it'd be great.

Thats a long way to come for a pretty unexciting bridge. To be honest, the drive down through the Royal National Park is both prettier and more fun.

Thats a long way to come for a pretty unexciting bridge. To be honest, the drive down through the Royal National Park is both prettier and more fun.

national park run can be good, ive done it at night a few times and its pretty fucken scary. Not a lot to see though.

I drove back to Wollongong through the park at twilight earlier in the year on a foggy evening. At one point I got overtaken by purple Lotus that then disappeared into the mist. It was pretty cool. :cool:

The southern end of the park has a lot of temperate rainforest and is very pretty to drive through.

Moscow

I see a cheap tank challenge where a German, a Soviet and a British tank from WW2 go on a city tour, starting on the Red Square and finishing at the door of Putin's datcha.

Fun. :tvhappy:

Definitely +1 them entering either Targa New Zealand or Tasmania. The Majorca episode was great.

You know the GUMBALL 3000 rally went to North Korea a couple of years ago? If they let the Jackass guys in and skating around their city I don't think Top Gear would be out of the question. Doubt they'd let them drive very far though.

If they ever go to China they NEED to check this out > http://www.google.com.au/images?um=...PnF3PUF&ved=0CCMQvwUoAQ&q=tianmenshan&spell=1

Or search tianmenshan and guoliangcun tunnel in google images.