What game consoles do you own?

zenon

List the game consoles you own. Add a comment if you like. :)

1. Playstation 2 w\ Network Adapter (tied with Dreamcast for most played and most games owned - around 20-30)
2. Sega Dreamcast (#1 source for crazy Japanese imports)
3. GameCube (currently borrowing it... thoroughly dissapointed with the utter lack of good games)
4. Super Nintendo (enough great RPGs, platformers and fighting games to warrant frequent play)
5. NES (played only slightly less than Dreamcast and PS2... still and amazing console)

Here is a picture of a shelf I built a few weeks ago to house all of my consoles :wink: :

Shelf.jpg

1. PS2 -once you've played the best you need not waste your time with the rest. :mrgreen:

i used to have gameboy, gamegear, genesis and ps1 at one point, not all at the same time but those were the systems i had. once ps2 came out, i traded in my ps1 and didnt need any other system.

the only other system i might get is a PSP, portable playstation that might come out this fall. other than that i dont waste my time with crap like xbox, what happens if the game crashes or has a glitch do i need to d/l a microsoft update or soemthing. :lol:

I guess every modern young male has been influenced by video gaming to a different degree. Here's my experience.

1) Playstation 2 - Even though it doesn't have the best graphics it has the best games. I play a lot of Japanese imports so PS2 suits me better than XBOX.
favorite game: Winning Eleven 7
2) Dreamcast - DOn't have it anymore but it was a great console. Great graphics, great controller design, and good games. I picked it up when DC was about to die and still squeezed two years of playing time out of it :mrgreen: . Favorite Game: Ferrari F355 Challenge.
3) SNES - This console basically got me through my years during elementary school. I begged my dad for more than a year before he finally bought me one. Reason I wanted one: Street Fighter 2. It was all the rage back then. THE SNES is collecting dust in my cabinet right now.
4) NES - Can't find this at home anymore. I had it when I was about 6 and I loved that duck shotting game back then. Also remembered games such as 1942, Saint Seiya, Captain Tsubasa, Mario etc. Funny thing about this console is that you have to give the game cartridges 'blowjobs' from time to time to get the dust out of there; otherwise the game wouldn't work :lol: .

I have only one and it's PS2. I only need Gran Turismo 3 and my day goes by very easily.
Just waiting that when they release the fourth version in here.

bahnstormer said:
consoles are gay
i've never owned one

pc's rule!

If the Gran Turismo was made for the PC, I wouldn't have a console either.
One problem that the PC has got to work on though is making it instant on/off.

bahnstormer said:
consoles are gay
i've never owned one

pc's rule!

I don't either because the only game I'd like to have that isn't on PC is the Gran Turismo serie..

Four years ago, I would have said "Consoles suck, go with a PC!"

Nowadays, electronic gaming no longer appeals to me anymore, and for good reasons.

None, I'm a PC gamer.

(Okay, I lied, I have a NES from 1990 and my sister has a GameCube that I don't really like.)

CanadianLoonie said:

Nowadays, electronic gaming no longer appeals to me anymore, and for good reasons.

too imature for you, boring, why? care to elaborate?

What's wrong with consoles? I grew up with consoles and have always liked them. In fact I got into PC Gaming only when I was in grade 8, and there weren't that many impressive games back then. Starcraft was the first PC game that I really got into.

With a console I just put the disc in and play; no need to deal with any hardware issues or requirements. Besides I find that consoles offer a wider variety of games. With that said I do both PC gaming and console gaming :mrgreen: .

Better graphics on PC and I'm a FPS (first person shooter) guy and nothing is better than a mouse and keyboard for those. :)

justin syder said:
CanadianLoonie said:

too imature for you, boring, why? care to elaborate?

Most games don't interest me anymore...there may be one or two once in while...the last game I've played from beginning to end was Call of Duty...now that is what first person shooters should be like.

And with all the time and energy put into playing a game, there's minimum rewards for winning. Not that it really matters since I keep losing to others anyway.

I used to be really into PC gaming, but I've almost completely switched over to consoles. There have been quite a few good PC games in the past, but right now there is a complete lack of imagination and innovation in PC games. It's way too easy for companies to release yet another FPS or real-time strategy, throw in one or two inane features and get a lot of hype and tonnes of sales. Better graphics, flashy features etc. aren't progress - companies are selling superficial pseudo-progress rather than experimenting with new and innovative forms of game play.

Console games like Rez (for Dreamcast), Powerstone (Dreamcast), the Super Mario series (NES\SNES), Dragon Warrior (NES), Gran Turismo 3 (PS2), Parappa the Rapper (PS) have done some incredibly innovative things in terms of game play.

Also, even though a lot of these games are really old, they still don't look or feel dated. I can pick up Super Mario 3 and play it without being distracted by the graphics, speed etc., but trying to play Quake 1 on PC can be pretty strange.

PS: If games today don't interest any of you anymore, just play the classics again! :p

Yep, I do. It's a great game.

I've become a bit of a video game\console collector recently so I've been buying all those classics.

CanadianLoonie said:
Can I come over one day and shoot some ducks?

:lol: :lol: