What game consoles do you own?

CanadianLoonie said:
Hmm...I did it again...yet another thread that I helped steer off topic!

Hahahaha, ya. Threads don't seem to stay on topic for very long around here. :p

I'll attempt to get us back on topic - how many people are planning on buying the Sony PSP (Sony's new handheld they just unveiled at E3) when it is released? For those unfamiliar with it, here is a picture:

psp_lrg.aspx.jpg

The thing will apparently be capable of playing Gran Turismo 4... I for one will purchase it for that alone!

portable+wireless multiplayer+Gran Turismo 4= possibly greatest portable device ever created :mrgreen:

zenon said:
CanadianLoonie said:
Hmm...I did it again...yet another thread that I helped steer off topic!

Hahahaha, ya. Threads don't seem to stay on topic for very long around here. :p
Doesn't really matter though. :p

I got an XBOX recently
I now have SC: PT, PGR and PGR2 with XBOX Live.
Gamertag - Watling

I've had a PS2 and Gamecube but i got bored with them. PS2 was just boring and Nintendo was slow at bringing stuff out and not many good games were comin out. THey should have pomoted it alot more.

zenon said:
I'll attempt to get us back on topic - how many people are planning on buying the Sony PSP (Sony's new handheld they just unveiled at E3) when it is released? For those unfamiliar with it, here is a picture:

psp_lrg.aspx.jpg

The thing will apparently be capable of playing Gran Turismo 4... I for one will purchase it for that alone!

portable+wireless multiplayer+Gran Turismo 4= possibly greatest portable device ever created :mrgreen:

same here, im def gonna get one. shit i cant wait!!!!!!

will it be a portable ps2? i heard that it would play ps1 games.

i just noticed that theres no second analog. :|

If I purchase that PSP I gotta think about when I am going to play it. If it comes out next year I should have graduated from University. I am not goingt to play this at home because I have a console, not on my way to work (think about how weird it is to see a guy in suit playing this in the subway), and not when I am going out because I drive to some fun place to do something other than playing video games.

So on that basis I don't think I am going to buy one. If I am ten years younger I definitely want one though.

justin syder said:
will it be a portable ps2? i heard that it would play ps1 games.

It is basically going to be a portable PS2. From what I've heard, it will be capable of playing a nearly identical port of Gran Turismo 4 for PS2. Here are some screenshots of Metal Gear Acid running on emulated PSP hardware:

mga_screen001.jpg
mga_screen004.jpg

This gives you an idea of what the thing will be capable of. I'm pretty damn impressed! :mrgreen:

me too, fuckin A, i want one NOW. it would be too distracting bringin it to college and playin instead of doing work but how much fun would that be!!

Gotta be pretty spendy.

Viper007Bond said:
Gotta be pretty spendy.

hey viper some advice, i hear u can get a pretty penny for a kidney. shit you got two, so you'll go to the bathroom more, who cares!!! you'll have a PSP and one kidney...aint that the life!

Word is the PSP will cost around $300... with a price that low I'd hope there won't be any organ selling. :p

Why....?

Hmmmm, seems like a very well thought out and rational opinion.... :p