What happened to Quentin Wilson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viggen

Car(s)
12 VW Golf GTI
Probably no one here really cares, but you know, he provided straight-up used car buying tips, among other things from the early Top Gear days with Tiff and Vicki. I read somewhere he moved on from doing motoring shows for other TV shows?

he is now doing "britains worst driver" series, and something else

^ lol'ing for real :lmao:

VUK said:
he is now doing "britains worst driver" series

Is it on BT? I suppose it's a collection of videos featuring really stupid drivers?

VUK said:

I just hope it's not as the one with an american Sheriff (or whatever). That guy is just full of BS, looking at a regular overtaking and going all moralist about it. "He has done 100mph. On a highway!! What a danger to everyone in the state!!" :wall:

bihus said:
VUK said:

I just hope it's not as the one with an american Sheriff (or whatever). That guy is just full of BS, looking at a regular overtaking and going all moralist about it. "He has done 100mph. On a highway!! What a danger to everyone in the state!!" :wall:

Nah, it's completely different. The series is actually quite funny. The main concept is that they take ten very, very bad drivers and set challenges to them and in each part they let one off the hook with a new car and some driving lessons.

There was one guy who had tuned-up pink Nova which he used for street racing(he crashed right before the first episode and had to wear a neck brace :lol:). When his car control was found to be good enough the judges thought that his problem was his car. So instead of a new car they offered him a bucketload of cash for the Nova. Since he accepted it, Quentin took the Nova, filled it with tnt and blew it up. The street racer punk was crying at this point :lol:

If you can see it I recommend to watch at least a few episodes. It's very amusing program.

-Sam

He's also done some other "shows" as well. Such as Britans worst cook, britans worst toilet, britans worst whatever really...

mmap said:
He's also done some other "shows" as well. Such as Britans worst cook, britans worst toilet, britans worst whatever really...

that makes sense now. remember jeremy taking the piss out of the worst toilet tv show during his "inventions that changed the world" episode on television? :lol:

I was in the library today, and I took some old issues of Classic Cars Magazine with me from there. In January 2005 issue Quentin Willson had a nice column about himself. He told how he bought old cars when he was 15 and sold them with a huge profit.

Quentin Willson said:
While my friends were getting laid, I was buying Porsche 356s for a hundred quid and Daimler SP250s for ?800.
Rather interesting... :)

BTW, Classic Cars Mag is very good indeed, lots of interesting articles and stuff. And it's also very nice to look at all those cars for sale... If you happen to find January 2005 issue somewhere, check Willson's article out.

EDIT: Here's a link to the site of that mag: http://www.classiccarsmagazine.co.uk. :)

I really liked the guy.

I think he was quite a good journalist, i hope one day he returns to either Fifth Gear or Top Gear. Most likely Fifth Gear seeing that Tiff and VBH are there.

^ Yeah, Overheat had mentioned in another thread that he's the producer for FG, I saw that too in the credits of one of his rips.

bihus said:
VUK said:

Yeah, World's Scariest Police Chases with Sherriff John Bunnell. He makes it sound like the cops are the bigger authority and every end of the of clip he would say something along the lines of "This hot-headed guy can't out-run the cops with their LS-1-power cruisers, and he will spend the rest of his life... in jail!!!!". Man, what a tool.

Viggen said:
bihus said:
VUK said:

Yeah, World's Scariest Police Chases with Sherriff John Bunnell. He makes it sound like the cops are the bigger authority and every end of the of clip he would say something along the lines of "This hot-headed guy can't out-run the cops with their LS-1-power cruisers, and he will spend the rest of his life... in jail!!!!". Man, what a tool.

I was getting kinda worried that everybody else liked him... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.