What if all cars on the road were fast/sports cars? good or bad?

What if all cars on the road were fast/sports cars? good or bad?

• Total voters

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
As much as we car enthusiasts complain about the number of boring cars/trucks/family transportation/utility vans on the road, what if they all suddently dissappear and replaced by fast/fun/sporty quick small cars. Would it be a good thing or maybe not so good. Good for us because those are the cars we like or think are the only ones that should be built?

But what if the majority of those cars were driven by parents/old people/stupid kids/ anyone else ill suited or unqualified to drive such cars. Would it turn the streets into a dangerous chaotic mess or would it lead to driving paradise.

What are your thoughts on the pros and cons?

Also what are thoughts if some people are ill suited to drive such cars, should they be restriced on being allowed drivers licenses at all, and if not, what kind of cars should they be allowed to drive?

Many people driver Ferraris slow. It is up to the person.

Though on the same note I've seen idiot teenagers slam the peddle on minivans in the rain on water logged roads.

... when I saw this thread my first thought was to just think about what?s outside right now rather than "driver qualification" or so, on the smaller roads ... 20cm of snow/ice combination. Even a low down Golf GTI struggles in those conditions, just not being damaged by driving over it. And you can?t see the curbs ... or small rocks. The worst car in those kind of conditions are low down sportscars with fat tires ...

As much as we car enthusiasts complain about the number of boring cars/trucks/family transportation/utility vans on the road, what if they all suddently dissappear and replaced by fast/fun/sporty quick small cars. Would it be a good thing or maybe not so good. Good for us because those are the cars we like or think are the only ones that should be built?

But what if the majority of those cars were driven by parents/old people/stupid kids/ anyone else ill suited or unqualified to drive such cars. Would it turn the streets into a dangerous chaotic mess or would it lead to driving paradise.

What are your thoughts on the pros and cons?

Also what are thoughts if some people are ill suited to drive such cars, should they be restriced on being allowed drivers licenses at all, and if not, what kind of cars should they be allowed to drive?

There's a place where all that happens in real life, it's called DUBAI. :lol:

Most people drive crapboxes.....and they cant even handle those properly, giving them all a high performance vehicle pretty much equals masse murder :p

How, exactly, would one go offroad? And how about towing things? Can't really do that with most sports cars.

This is right up there with "how about we go back to the Model T" thread you started.

Cons:
- Most will still be idiots at the wheel who don't have a clue what their car can do.
- I sometimes get the sense that cops give you a break if you drive a sports car since they perhaps assume you know what you're doing. If everyone drives one, this would go away.

Pros:
- People will possibly keep more distance since they don't feel they need to be up close in order to overtake. (But this is probably wishful thinking on my part).

Oh sweet merciful Jesus no. I'd never leave the house again.

edkwon you seem like a nice dude, what's with all the stupid questions all of a sudden?

Fine, i think it would be bad because a awful lot of idiots would crash.

It would certainly eliminate bad drivers faster.

Also, by all Cars, I assumed that was excluding pickup trucks and other utility vehicles.

This is right up there with "how about we go back to the Model T" thread you started.

Yep, edkwon, what's up with you? Did you start smoking some weird shit lately? ;)

If there were only fast sports cars then they wouldn't be "fast sports cars" , they'd be just cars.
If everything is the same there is no good or bad, or boring or exciting.
'Tis a silly thread if u ask me:dunno:.

Where would I put the kids? Roof Rack?

Don't know about you, but sports cars - and supercars especially - are special. Maybe just me, but seeing a Ferrari or a Lamborghini makes my day. And I admire people driving small sports cars like MX-5s or MG TFs. They make me smile, fill me with hope that one day I'll be doing the same.

The specialness would be lost if every car on the roads were a sports car. There's nothing wrong with making everything handle well - look how good handling helped Ford's first Focus sell well - but putting a V8 and two seats in everything isn't a particularly great plan.

Don't know about you, but sports cars - and supercars especially - are special. Maybe just me, but seeing a Ferrari or a Lamborghini makes my day. And I admire people driving small sports cars like MX-5s or MG TFs. They make me smile, fill me with hope that one day I'll be doing the same.
I came to here to say this. Also, as mentioned previously, cars are not the reason people drive like idiots.

edkwon you seem like a nice dude, what's with all the stupid questions all of a sudden?

Fine, i think it would be bad because a awful lot of idiots would crash.

It's not a stupid question, people here seem to hate all cars that aren't performance cars on the road or every new announcement of a family car or practical car that isnt fun to drive, so i'm asking them to put their money where their mouths are and consider what if they got exactly what they wanted?

Most people drive crapboxes.....and they cant even handle those properly, giving them all a high performance vehicle pretty much equals masse murder :p

How, exactly, would one go offroad? And how about towing things? Can't really do that with most sports cars.

Cons:
- Most will still be idiots at the wheel who don't have a clue what their car can do.
- I sometimes get the sense that cops give you a break if you drive a sports car since they perhaps assume you know what you're doing. If everyone drives one, this would go away.

Oh sweet merciful Jesus no. I'd never leave the house again.

The specialness would be lost if every car on the roads were a sports car. There's nothing wrong with making everything handle well - look how good handling helped Ford's first Focus sell well - but putting a V8 and two seats in everything isn't a particularly great plan.

Thanks for the input, I got all the posterity quotes I needed for future use.

Last edited:
Where would I put the kids? Roof Rack?

ROOF BOX!

1238321451835_672.jpg

1238321740342_558.jpg

It belongs to a swedish ski-nutter named Jon Olsson.

Jon Olsson is a complete boss

This is his Gallardo (which he may have traded in)
152lambo2.jpg

During the XGames, he claimed that if he won, he was going to buy and ski-rack-out a Phantom

Some more pics
103058_980.jpg

103057_980.jpg

Looks even better dirty :)

It's summer and the car is somewhat less filthy

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/07/28/113040_940.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/07/28/113039_940.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/07/28/113043_940.jpg

Blue plate.