Autoblog: What if Dodge made the Viper in 1967?

It looks like a Viper had it been made back in the 60's but doesn't look like a damn thing that would have come from the Chrysler corp...EVER.

Beautiful car and I'd love to build it.

Me too. Amazing. I do like the Viper of today's styling for it's sheer aggressiveness (Show me a car other than the Koenigsegg that is actually scary to look at) this is a great job. I sense cues from Jensen, Ferrari Daytona, Corvette, M-series, and Challenger.

Wow. That... is awesome.

I don't know... I'm getting a Jensen Interceptor vibe from the rear view.

I had the same idea... could be partially the fact that the Jensen was powered by a chrysler 440 and a 727 tans.

That, is a superb looking machine. There's plenty of 'inspiration' from other vehicles, but damn, when the final product looks like that who cares.

Wow. I wish they were still able to produce cars like this. Now they all need gigantic plastic bumpers and five miles of air space between the engine and hood.

Thing is there were 'retro' Mustangs and Challengers in the first place, with the Viper there was not.

The Viper is the spiritual successor of this:
AC_Shelby_Cobra_%28Auto_classique%29.JPG

Both are fast and require skilled drivers to pilot them. Shelby was involved with the Viper if I remember correctly.

The handling would have probably been the same.

Shelby can help produce cars that have fantastic handling (when he isn't whoring his name out). Don't forget the guy was one of the greatest racing drivers of all time.

it looks fantastic! They should make it like that TODAY

Both are fast and require skilled drivers to pilot them. Shelby was involved with the Viper if I remember correctly.

Yes he was. His heart condition caused him to drop out of the program for a while, when he came back he was pissed the car grew to as heavy as it was when it got on the market.

Wow, that really looks stunning. I'd really love someone to make it, although that probably won't happen :(

If only they did that!; they would have a legacy like the Corvette and Mustang.

Simply beautiful.