What if famous logos were in Comic Sans?

popcorn.gif

Someone should take the logo from the cowboy western sci fi TV show Firefly and make it into Comic Sans.

I'm sure there is a talented individual around here that could achieve that

Someone should take the guy who did this out back, kick him in the balls with a steel toe capped boot and then buttfuck him with a .44 Magnum before pulling the trigger.

Then nuke his twitching corpse and Comic Sans from orbit.

damn, I should have made a bet :lmao:

:lol: that didn't take long

Whatever happens in random thoughts stays in random thoughts and don't fucking count!

That said, I want to stick that logo on a car that belongs to this guy I know.

Whatever happens in random thoughts stays in random thoughts and don't fucking count!

That said, I want to stick that logo on a car that belongs to this guy I know.

Yeah but it needs to be white or silver to show up against the black paintwork. :wicked:

This hate of Comic Sans is so old...everyone in academia knows - Calibri is the new Comic Sans!

This hate of Comic Sans is so old...everyone in academia knows - Calibri is the new Comic Sans!

*looks at spreadsheet he?s been working on*

Really?

*looks at spreadsheet he?s been working on*

Really?

At least at my university I've heard numerous professors and TAs complain about student using Calibri for their papers. That's because it is the default font in MS Office...along with the retarded 1.25 inch margins on left and right.

At least at my university I've heard numerous professors and TAs complain about student using Calibri for their papers. That's because it is the default font in MS Office...along with the retarded 1.25 inch margins on left and right.

Well, they should expect by now that most people don't know how to use MS Office. Everybody say they know how to, but most really don't. If it bothers them so much, they should teach the students how to change the defaults in MS Office applications. I did it so I rarely have to deal with the margins and page setup stuff in every document.

That being said, I'm surprised that the profs at your university are more upset with the type of font students use than they are about the content contained therein. The biggest complain from profs I've known has been the use of what they call "internet speak" in student papers. (Think beginnings of final gear ... before the grammar nazi wars. That's the kind of stuff they're handing in.) And the very poor spelling, grammar and syntax which make the papers hard to read (and that's not from international students or immigrants only). Apparently the quality of students coming out of public education is deplorable these days. The fact that these mistakes persist until the final years of university is the most worrisome (yes, I've had a prof go on a rant in front of the class in a year 4 course). Therefore, I can conclude that there are people who got out of university who still don't know the different between "it's" and "its" or "then" and "than".

Tell your profs to forget the font, there's bigger problems than that.

Pretty much what toma_alimosh said. But why are they complaining about Calibri? I mean its not childish as Comic Sans and its easy to read. Do they just want something other than the default font?

For us they have a set a rule saying that we must use Times New Roman at size 12 so there are no worries in the font department.