What is the point of a 2 door SUV?

Really?

Really?

Two can play the game of bitching about the literal meaning of otherwise perfectly clear statements.

Nice of you to leave out the emoticon indicating it was a joke. Didn't do that with yours, which was posted with typical Germanic seriousness.

Also, instruct your delivery driver to do an emergency stop from 60mph with the pizzas on a seat.

No problem. If they don't arrive messed up, you're buying the pizza. Do you have a Paypal account?

Edit: Since when can you get a VW Fox up to 100kph in a typically tangled Euro city, assuming normal delivery radius of a km or two? You'd have to stop to make your delivery, or slow for traffic/turn/roundabout/whatever before you passed 50kph! :p

Last edited:
Nice of you to leave out the emoticon indicating it was a joke. Didn't do that with yours, which was posted with typical Germanic seriousness.

Based on past behavior, the emoticon probably was making fun of our tiny-assed European cars that can't fit an American-sized pizza in the boot.

So, do you agree that if the pizza does not arrive messed up that you will pay for it? Otherwise, I'm going to order from someone with better pizza than Pizza Hut. They have the worst drivers, so I'm giving you every advantage - Pizza Hut pies often arrive late and cold here.

Last edited:
I delivered pizza in my both my Fairlane and my 2 door SUV for nearly 2 years, working 5 days a week, usually all day since i was open shift.
not once in all the time I was driving, did I have any issue whatsoever with a customers pizza getting damaged because it was sitting in the front seat of my vehicles.
that includes the time when some lady on a cell phone pulled out of a gas station right in front of me, causing me to slam on my brakes with full force (stopping from ~20 mph). Thanks to the seat in the Fairlane being slanted, like almost every car seat I have ever sat in, the pizza did not move at all.
No issue when I was driving the blazer in winter and hit a patch of ice under some snow in a corner either. Did a 180 at ~15ish mph I would think. No issues whatsoever.

As for putting pizza in the trunk, bad idea. at the very least, it takes too long and is inefficient. Less time per delivery means more deliverys, which means more money. Every second counts.

Aw, come on, don't make him back out, I almost had him buying me dinner here! :p

Edit: Since when can you get a VW Fox up to 100kph in a typically tangled Euro city, assuming normal delivery radius of a km or two? You'd have to stop to make your delivery, or slow for traffic/turn/roundabout/whatever before you passed 50kph! :p

No problem at all to get it up to speed. Pizza delivery people typically sit near the B76 that loops around the city center, as a result many of their trips partially use that road. Speed limit is 100km/h, so 120+ for a pizza delivery guy.

Aw, come on, don't make him back out, I almost had him buying me dinner here! :p

Don't make me quote the authority on take-out/delivery food, Mr James May.

Don't make me quote the authority on take-out/delivery food, Mr James May.

By all means, please do. I am hoping you will take me up on this, because no pizza tastes as good as free pizza. :D

By all means, please do.

James in 2x8 from 14:10 said:
This is a true story and I am ashamed of it. I was driving along, Ford Galaxy, magnolia leather, curry on the passenger seat. A drunk bloke walked into the road. Instinctively, I braked. I saw the curry tip, I thought, "That's my dinner," I not only took my foot off the brake, I put it back on the throttle!

Obviously, curry is not pizza. However, if braking can make curry move it can make pizza move.

Curry boxes tend to be taller and much narrower; the contents more closely resemble a liquid in how they react to acceleration/deceleration. Pizza boxes are flat, the center of gravity is lower and the natural angle of the seat tends to keep them in place if nothing else (though as I said, the bags come with supplemental restraint pockets.)

But, if you think James May's statement is correct when applied to pizza, put your money where your mouth is. :D

You're saying it's impossible for pizza boxes to slide off a seat under braking, right? Disproving that can not be achieved by a single sucessful seat delivery, so there is no point in putting my money where your mouth is.

I've had tons of stuff slip off seats under braking. All shapes, all textures. (Disclaimer for Spectre: NO, not literally all.)
My only logical conclusion to explain your view would be either your brakes suck or your seats are sticky.
Pizzas can not resist roughly 11m/s? of deceleration, even with slightly slanted seats.

so maybe we need to issue a joint patent for a pizza-holding apparatus which fits on the front seat that uses a rack with latches to secure the pizza for its ride.

Nope, not saying it's impossible, just that putting them in the trunk is no less likely to result in a ruined pie.

And that your statement that putting them in the front seat = ruined pie is false.

Hurry up and decide, I'm getting hungry here.

so maybe we need to issue a joint patent for a pizza-holding apparatus which fits on the front seat that uses a rack with latches to secure the pizza for its ride.

Dominos was experimenting with those back in the 90s for a while, IIRC. They even had a little plug in heater element to keep the pies warmer longer.

Last edited:
that's money right there. money.

All i was asking about is a wire rack, which doesn't have to be much larger than the average box in area, and then it'll be like 6 or so boxes high with a latch for each pizza slot.

And that your statement that putting them in the front seat = ruined pie is false.

My statement is ruined pie => pie was carried on seat, as backed up by my experience and common sense.

Hurry up and decide, I'm getting hungry here.

You love reading my posts word for word, looking for things to misunderstand when taken literally. Look again, you already could have found a decision in a previous post. Alternatively, starve.

My statement is ruined pie => pie was carried on seat, as backed up by my experience and common sense.

If they are put onto a seat any braking will make them slide forwards and topple, resulting in a messy pizza.

Screw it, I'll order what I was going to get in the first place - steak!

I've driven many a car with many a pizza and never had an issue with them slipping off the passenger seat.

Last edited:
My passenger seat is angled back, I've never had a pizza randomly fly into the footwell when I braked.

I only asked you to pay for the one pizza. And you shall be required to film the whole thing. But yes, if you don't rig it, and I cannot disprove it under similar circumstances, I will pay for a pizza. Defining that as $20 USD, which is about what my last large pie cost with tip.

Edit: However, I should point out that lots of people are saying that you are wrong.

Last edited:
If I stood on the brakes going highway speed I might lose my pizza but if that circumstance arose it would be me braking to protect myself and all car of pizza would go away.