What is the point of being able to retract the Phantom's...

Jasruler

flying lady hood ornimate?

Why would you do that?

Maybe so 80's style rapper dudes don't try to break it off and attach it to a gold necklace?

Plexface said:
I think it's because the ornimate is made of silver

Oh, so it doesn't tarnish.

That makes sense.

Im with Jeffy, Merc badges gets nicked, how long do you think a silver statue would stay on?

in some countries they are illegal for safety reasons...

And I think like the new civic, when the roller is about to crash, the thing retracts so it doesn't stab someone

So it sounds like it's serves multiple purposes. But I think theft prevention is the most important. Gotta keep those RunDMC wannabes at bay :lol:

ryosuke said:
in some countries they are illegal for safety reasons...

This is the reason, because if you accidently hit someone when driving they'd be impaled on the lil' Lady.

But if it's retractable it gets past the regs.

Same way Merc cars no longer have the 3-pointed star as an adornment on the bonnet, like here.

just something to do when bored

No Mercedes does have the 3 pointed star, but its only on their C, E, and S classes. Its like their lux brand, small medium and big..and i guess maybach is SUPERSIZE or GRANDE (is that the biggest in Starbucks?)

Dark_Templer_102 said:
No Mercedes does have the 3 pointed star, but its only on their C, E, and S classes. Its like their lux brand, small medium and big..and i guess maybach is SUPERSIZE or GRANDE (is that the biggest in Starbucks?)
I am thinking its a Europe thing...
Reason i say, i noticed in Europe most Jags i saw are missing the Leaping Jaguar on the front of the car and just have the logo. And i had a Jaguar at the time and they all came with the leaping Jaguar, minus the XK.
Now my Merc S-Class also came with the 3 pointed star, while some dont. I think in the US its all about style.

^ safety issue actually. the Jaguar S-type,x-type and XJ still have the leaper though.

Some people steal badge and I really really hate them.

BTW: I'm not sure about other brands but with Mercedes, the badges can move backward and sideways on impact. On the Mercs with the standing badges like C, E & S.