What is up with Richard Hammond's hair?

ninjahq

Car(s)
Nissan Versa Hatch
Seriously! In 13x2 he looked like Cameron Diaz in There's Something About Mary.

Somehow, in the last several seasons, Richard's been channeling James's hair, but has now entered uncharted territory as he gels his to stand out in shocking and unnatural angles. I know his accident aged him, but he's supposed to be the young hip one!

I'm considering starting a "Richard Get a Haircut" petition.

(Sorry boys to be discussing fashion here, but it's getting out of hand! :))

3678128955_92ca64d3c9.jpg

ummmmm, I am filing this in the "who really gives a crap" category.... sorry!

Totally understandable :) I knew this probably would fall on deaf ears.
I've just been finding it distracting. It's confusing that he looks in the mirror and says, "Oh yeah! This is hair that is ready to be seen around the world!"

Are you a not-a-dude? Just asking...

To be honest, I kinda like it...

I am not-a-dude, and I'm glad someone likes it.

I had started to wonder if that hair was just in fashion in England now (James benefiting from the "all fashion come around again" rule), which then made me picture Jeremy growing his hair out like that, and then hilarity ensued!

(...) which then made me picture Jeremy growing his hair out like that, and then hilarity ensued!

jeremy_clarkson_hair.jpg

Please don't put any ideas in his head about growing his hair (again). :cry:

jeremy_clarkson_hair.jpg

Please don't put any ideas in his head about growing his hair (again). :cry:

I am SO glad you had that picture. I was too lazy to search for it. Lord the 80s were a bad, bad time.

Hammond is bringing the late 80s/early 90s back, didn't you know? :p;)

big-hair2.jpg
80s-yearbook-7.jpg

Lord everyone is bringing back the late 80s. When I was in grad school (just 2 years ago) the girls were seriously wearing miniskirts and legwarmers. Made me want to cry, and run away.

Hammond's hair isn't all that bad, in the grand scheme of things. I preferred it when it was shorter (but still longer than average), but there are worse hairstyles on television. Besides, he's turning 40 and is allowed to have a bit of a style meltdown.

I like it, looks good on him....

and after all, it's his life, he can do whatever he wants with his own hair, so people should really stop whining about it :p

Obviously it's his life and he can do what he wants - otherwise he'd have better hair!

richardhammond-hair.jpg

It could be worse. I bring you American Talk Show Host Conan O'Brien
NUP_135327_0057.jpg

He looked good in short hair, I like the longer hair he has now, but I will admit that I liked the half-long style he had in series 10-12 more...

2mmbymw.jpg

How privileged and thankless you non-balding types must be, to complain about frivolous shyte. If I weren't going bald, I'd be sporting a do like Richard's.

Oh Richard...:(:blink:

Anyway. He looked pretty good from Series 10 onwards. But lately it seems to have been taking a life of its own...

At least get it trimmed Hammy!!!