What is with the war against beige?

I like beige interiors. My Saab had one and it was so much nicer than my parents' Volvo's black interior. Both leather and the biggest notable difference was the temperature. In the winter the black leather is cold and summer hot but the beige stuff was fine.

And my hatred of this sort of stuff is hatred of boring - and in my view a fully black interior is dull. The interiors posted above I would consider much nicer in every way than their all-black equivilents. :) And grey is if anything more dull than beige.

Also; Beige should never appear on the outside of a car.

I have to agree. I do like the warmer colors on the inside of the car.

My car has a grey-ish interior. It's weird...it's not really grey, and not really tan or taupe...or even beige. It's an odd.non-color... I think Ford was just screwing with people on that one.

Did someone mention yellow interiors? :p
E36-328iT-1065.jpg

I am a fan of your interior, Adu; tis very...warm. And I'd say that including differences between companies; Tan and Beige can basically be the same anyway.

And another I'd like to add is another personal favourite. Maybe not for those who want their boring black on black interiors, but hey ho I definitely want a white one :)
335i-e90-sedan.21.JPG

And we must not forget the absolute best colour for a car interior :p
2009_astonmartin_dbs_volante_401.jpg

Yes! Tan is OK, but beige is not, it is only for old people.

Perfect for you, then :p

My econo car is all black. Nissan put in just a little more effort and as such, it is a decent place to be in, not dreary at all. The plastics have just the right texture and grain and I feel that is what differentiates the perceived feeling of cheapness and luxury.

In Ukania there are some old BL paint colours that are collectively known as hearing aid beige. Says it all really - beige is the colour for your dotage.

Well, there's another entry for my growing list of BMW's Crimes Against Humanity.

I don't mind beige interiors, as long as it isn't all beige, you need contrasting colours. Grey is just dull but I quite like black, brown can work in certain cars and specs, but usually doesn't.

In Ukania there are some old BL paint colours that are collectively known as hearing aid beige. Says it all really - beige is the colour for your dotage.
Every surviving Triumph Acclaim in the world is hearing aid beige*, there must have been some extra rust protection in that shade or something...
*Except the blue one that lives in Portsoy.

BL had some truly hideous interior colour schemes, I'd like to meet the people who spec'd their cars with dark blue exterior paint and lime green or yellow interiors, so I could smack them.
420095.jpg

I mean what the fuck sort of colour is that? Not quite green, or yellow or beige, they somehow managed to combine all three in to one hideous colour... You could get beige, brown or black interiors which were vastly better.
As time progressed velour took over, as the 80s is to good taste what HIV is to a long and healthy life, usually in dark blues/reds which give the impression you've entered a very tacky brothel.

As time progressed velour took over, as the 80s is to good taste what HIV is to a long and healthy life, usually in dark blues/reds which give the impression you've entered a very tacky brothel.

I owned a 1991 Pontiac Bonneville, Garnet Red exterior AND interior. I mean, everything was red, with a few trim pieces that were that horrible GM gray, I called commie gray. It was tacky, but those seats were so nice to sit in, especially on long trips.

Nothing against Beige here. My previous V70 was light blue with a beige interior. Great color combo, looked great and a lot cooler in summer. The 855 I had before that was dark blue with a black leather interior and it was a lot warmer inside dispite an otherwise completely identical interior and exterior.

What do you prefer inter? Grey? :D A car with grey interior instantly disqualifies itself when I am looking for one. Almost everything else that is out there is fine with me, but grey.

Two words:

Nineties Chrysler.

Most of the interiors posted in this thread look like bunghole. Sorry. They just do. Except...this:

Subaru_Forester_interior2x1280x800.orig.jpg

Dagnabbit, Subaru makes some nice interiors. Beige and black looks like crap. Black and white--gag. But this beige/brown combo? That looks like a genuinely cozy place to sit. Everything's laid out in a nice, logical manner where stuff is easy to find. The warm shades of brown compliment each other well. I like it.

I've hit my quota of nice things said about Subarus today. Remind me to go off about the BR-Z having the boxer at the wrong end of the car or something. I'm off my curmudgeon game here.

All this being said, though, I do not want a light interior. At. All. I love my black cloth. Dirt? What dirt? Mwahahahaha. I don't burn my bum in the winter, either, because it's not leather.

You know what would rule? Brown interiors. Brown needs to come all the way back y0.

Last edited:
Most of the interiors posted in this thread look like bunghole. Sorry. They just do. Except...this:

Subaru_Forester_interior2x1280x800.orig.jpg

Dagnabbit, Subaru makes some nice interiors. Beige and black looks like crap. Black and white--gag. But this beige/brown combo? That looks like a genuinely cozy place to sit. Everything's laid out in a nice, logical manner where stuff is easy to find. The warm shades of brown compliment each other well. I like it.

I've hit my quota of nice things said about Subarus today. Remind me to go off about the BR-Z having the boxer at the wrong end of the car or something. I'm off my curmudgeon game here.

All this being said, though, I do not want a light interior. At. All. I love my black cloth. Dirt? What dirt? Mwahahahaha. I don't burn my bum in the winter, either, because it's not leather.

You know what would rule? Brown interiors. Brown needs to come all the way back y0.

I never noticed it but you're right...that is a tinge brown..still <3 though.