What is your absolute fav. piece of film

sutton

I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOOVE LUV LUV THE ASTON MARTIN V12 VANTAGE PIECE. i watch it everyday and still bringss tears to my eyes.

Hello fellow Canadian...
I love that one as well. But I remember one segment filmed in the Manchester aiport at night during a fire drill. That one takes the cake for me.

If we're talking strictly in regards to cinematography...

* The part where the boys are driving on the Stelvio pass (10x01)
* The second part of Jeremy's Land Rover Discovery review, when he's driving it up the mountain (5x03)
* The Jaguar XK review (8x02 - most of it was filmed up in the Yorkshire Dales)
* The Mercedes CLK Black review (11x02 - not sure where this was filmed, but for some reason, I'm guessing Wales?)
* Virtually all of the Polar Special
* Almost all of Botswana (10x04)

If we're talking strictly in regards to cinematography...

* The part where the boys are driving on the Stelvio pass (10x01)
* The second part of Jeremy's Land Rover Discovery review, when he's driving it up the mountain (5x03)
* The Jaguar XK review (8x02 - most of it was filmed up in the Yorkshire Dales)
* The Mercedes CLK Black review (11x02 - not sure where this was filmed, but for some reason, I'm guessing Wales?)
* Virtually all of the Polar Special
* Almost all of Botswana (10x04)

There, fixed!

And also the Bugatti across Europe against James small plane

No! Don't fix it! :p

Polar Special
Bolivia Special
Stelvio Pass
Transf?g?r??an Pass
CLK Black
BMW M3 CSL, M3 E30 and M5 E34 in Isle of Man
US Special
Lambo LP640 - looooooove it
Brabus SL - loooooooooove it
Ascari A10 - looooove that NOISE!!!
Bentley Brooklands
Alfa 8C
Gumpert Apollo
Noble M600

and probably some more

when I get bored ... which happens a lot I watch Top Gear

Anything with snow and ice, the Iceland films especially. And James' 15x01 film ESPECIALLY especially.

Africa special
Polar Special
James up that Volcano
The Focus ST review by Jeremy - was awesome
South America film Bolivia (Er late addition - thanks chaps for reminding me of the country)
Porsche 1500GBP challenge
The cross the channel Nissanch
The Toybota film
The Toyota truck destruction especially the James bit with the building explosion
Hammond and his Dodge Charger - just been on Dave btw
Oslo race

Last edited:
Mercedes CLK black review. Funny, beautiful, artistic. The music: Mogwai, Ludovico Einaudi. Epic, My all time favorite piece

The Bolivia special tops everything for both myself and my wife.

For weeks after we first saw it we played it daily. Eventually we skipped a day here and there but it took a long time. For us it is all about the 3 guys and something about this Challenge is just the perfect balance. Some of it is actually scary. Does not matter how much is actually real and how much staged for fun. It is just an amazing travel log.

The Bolivia special tops everything for both myself and my wife.

For weeks after we first saw it we played it daily. Eventually we skipped a day here and there but it took a long time. For us it is all about the 3 guys and something about this Challenge is just the perfect balance. Some of it is actually scary. Does not matter how much is actually real and how much staged for fun. It is just an amazing travel log.

We just watched that one last night :) Never gets old. My advice is to try to get a hold of the Director's Cut DVD version with all the extra footage and commentary - priceless! It *may* be in one of the FTP offers on the forum... (I actually can't even remember how I originally got it)

The Golf GTi Mk5 review waaaay back is still my favorite car test clip ever. The music and cinematography used was most excellent.
The original Veryon speed run was pretty epic as well (better music used than in the newer one).

04x01 is a good example of a whole bunch of awesome stuff in one episode.

the koenigsegg review while Jeremy is quitting smoking, because I know that feeling

I love the seamless way they blend powerful music with stunning imagery, which is what makes picking a favorite so damn hard.

I love the way they used M83's "Moonchild" during the " SLR vs. Boat to Oslo " race. The music kicks in as both the speedboats and SLR roar past the camera.

Fast forward to 2:34 when the music kicks in.

All of the above, plus the Ford Fiesta 'sensible' road test.