What is your favorite combination of ridiculous music and car-testing?

Danny Tran

or <br /><div class="bigusername">Tranny Dan?</div
By ridiculous, i mean inappropriate music for a car review. For example, super car and super crap song.

For me it would have to be the all-powerful M5 and the Doobie Brothers, cuz it's such a good song in itself!!

On the other hand, I loved the review of Nick Masons(Pink Floyds drummer) Enzo with all the Pink Floyd playing in the background made the car even cooler!

I'm not sure I have a favorite (yet), but that one is pretty good (May's 300 SL review with all stratocaster music)

Don't remeber which of Stig's laps, but Franz Schubert's - Piano Quintet in A- :The Trout.

RI-DICULOUS! As he was like a trout on the track..

^^ OMG vaMould! I loved Welcome to NHK (between you and me, i can relate so much to that guy- i'm such an introvert! )

That ending has such an ironic theme to it!

Any review of any car by Jan Erik Larsen on the Norwegian show Autofil.

Normally, he tells us something about the car, for instance how nice the V6 in the Skyline is, then he gets into the car, for instance a very poor car, then he tells us a bit about it, how it handles, then the stupid music comes on, then he talks a bit more about how the interior ain't too good, but he still likes it, finishes off with saying the car ain't too much to shout about, but it's still quite nice.

Great.

The use of Mirwais- Disco Science during the Ariel Atom test has always stuck with me. Just watching Jeremy's face warp more and more as the music builds is so memorable.

Ooh, yeah. I loved that combo. It seemed so fitting for the car.

My favorite would be the Pink Floyd-Enzo scenes. I now can not see an Enzo without such songs popping into my head. Also, the Aphex Twin, "Come to Daddy"-TVR Sagaris scene

I loved Disco Science with Ariel Atom. I think they synced up the supercharger whine with the synthns.

I also loved Mr Smith and Pagani Zonda convertible, when it starts raining. But hey, aren't we talking about bad music?

All of the music used during the Veyron-cessna race was great.

Also "Duel of the Fates" from Star Wars ep.1 was great for May to max the Veyron.

basically anytime they use a lot of movie themes, I like it.

When James starts to cut the Alfa Romeo to make his limo at the 6th episode 2007

That's really funny

rediculous? theirs alot of that, all of which i mostly liked :)

recently the most memerable review in recent memory was the Jag/Aston test, it was great!!

innapropriate? not sure about topgear, but "Zodiac" the movie had alot of that, i rather don't like listening to hippie music while people get shot up, its just weird to me

^^ OMG vaMould! I loved Welcome to NHK (between you and me, i can relate so much to that guy- i'm such an introvert! )

That ending has such an ironic theme to it!
I think the ending theme is just about the greatest anime soundtrack I've ever heard. Brilliant song, brilliant arrangement, brilliant lyrics. And the rest of the show is not bad either. Not bad at all.

I've also heard about alot of people who relates themselves to Satou with the whole hikikomori thing (mostly people from 4chan though). I don't, however.

I just loved the convertible F430 part.. When he drove slowly with the stereo on full whack :p

Not really a review, but:
Fiat Panda + Airwolf. That nearly killed me.
me too, But the saalfa-Limo with Knight Rider Themesong rocked as well. :D

As a real review, it was the first Monaro Review where they played Kylie Minogues 80ies Ht "do the Locomotion" ... :lol: