What is your favourite WRC rally car

What is your favourite WRC rally car

• Total voters
since we're all being pedantic...

thats an audi sport quattro, not an audi quattro...

I'm not voting for a rally car that isn't the MOTHERFUCKING AUDI QUATTRO.

audi_sport_quattro_16_03_07.jpg

Just like the guy who thought there was a Lancia WRC class rally car, please explain how there is an Audi WRC class car when they quit doing rallying before the WRC class was devised?

well... not this is a real stretch mind, but since the regs for WRCars it very similar to group S, you could say that this is the audi and lancia cars... but the linking is thin...

frontshot.jpg

sideview.jpg

lancia_gp_s_34view.jpg

Just like the guy who thought there was a Lancia WRC class rally car, please explain how there is an Audi WRC class car when they quit doing rallying before the WRC class was devised?

I don't give a shit, and i'll post whatever i'd like.

That should sum it up.

sure you can, but your gunna look like a real dickhead doing it...

Evo VI, Evo VI, Evo VI!

Oddly enough despite winning 4 straight titles the Evo VI wasn't a WRC car. It was still run to Group A regulations, it just happened to beat all the WRCars as well.

Holy Shit I have only ever seen drawings of "the audi that never existed". Walter Rohrl drove it and said it was stunning. Thank god Group S was never allowed though. Would have been suicidal. While cars like that might run on Pikes Peak no problem, I still think they would be too damn fast for WRC special stages.

you mean this one:
(more details as soon as i can be bothered)
aqmittelm1.jpg

I guess that is the development mule for the above Audi Group S car. The picture a few posts up is the one that I have seen in drawings but I don't know whether the car Walter drove looked like that.

1998 Corolla. I had one :) (well one that was based on the bodyshape) Why no Celica GT4?

I had to vote for the 206 WRC - 3 WRC titles in a row and then Peugeot go and ruin it with the 307 :cry:

It's also one reason I bought a 206 GTi!

I guess that is the development mule for the above Audi Group S car. The picture a few posts up is the one that I have seen in drawings but I don't know whether the car Walter drove looked like that.

nope the one in the museum is the group S car, the blurry pic above is the mid engine group B car that walter drove...they actually started development at the same time as teh sport quattro and did side by side testing with the sport E2 (or S1 depending on who you are)

Had to be the Subaru although i do rather like the Ford Focus.
Both are great

I like the scooby by the cossie still does it for me.

nope the one in the museum is the group S car, the blurry pic above is the mid engine group B car that walter drove...they actually started development at the same time as teh sport quattro and did side by side testing with the sport E2 (or S1 depending on who you are)

Ah ha, while he states that he drove the "Group S" car he didn't say whether it looked like the final version or not. If only Audi had of seen the light earlier and stuck the engine in the middle (or anywhere except on the front bumper:p)