What kind a cars do the presenters own?

He does! :)

James's motorbikes (h/t a recent interview* in Visor Down Magazine)
* Triumph Speed Triple
* Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
* T3 California Guzzi
* mid-1990s 900SS Ducatti
* 1970s Honda CB500-4
* 1968 Honda C8250K
* Honda C70
* 1964 Honda C200

* h/t Vander for posting it to Hammond Hideaway, and to xjsarah at JMB for scanning it

To add to this, Richard said in his new column in the mag that the Aeromax is fixed and he's getting ready to fix the 'Stang. Yay!

The Aeromax was at MPH in Birmingham. So it's been fixed for a while.

Are you sure it's his latest? His latest (at least on the website) is about him training to pilot a helicopter. *is confused*

He does! :)

James's motorbikes (h/t a recent interview* in Visor Down Magazine)
* Triumph Speed Triple
* Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
* T3 California Guzzi
* mid-1990s 900SS Ducatti
* 1970s Honda CB500-4
* 1968 Honda C8250K
* Honda C70
* 1964 Honda C200

* h/t Vander for posting it to Hammond Hideaway, and to xjsarah at JMB for scanning it

James had written, like a year or more ago now, about sheering off the bolt in the exhaust to his CB500. I thought it funny at the time, and even had considered writing to him, as I had sheered off the same bolt in my fathers CB550 4k. My father removed the bolt himself, using some creative homemade tools, so that the bolt extraction tool would line up correctly.

Well, it's the latest that I've been able to get. I have the next one now as well. The mags just come out here later I think. Which sucks.

i thought james sold his boxter?!

No, he was going to sell his other Porsche, IIRC.

For those of you who like to keep track. James mentioned this morning on Absolute Radio that he has traded in his Boxster for a brand new Porsche Carrera 911. Interesting colour scheme as well: white with a blue interior.

I have to agree with the OC on this one. White cars... no. Blue interior sounds nice, though.

Apart from the vauxhall cavalier And the Fiat 500, I don't like white cars.
I think they make some cars look older than some other colours, Weird I know.

The 911 looks fabulous in white. So does the Scirrocco and the new Renault Megane, and some others which I noticed at the time and have now forgotten. They need to be kept clean, though, but I'm sure James will keep it nice and spruce.

Cross posting from the Telegraph column thread:

In case you have some money to spare, you can become the proud woner of James' Boxster.

http://www.porschehost.com/ApprovedStockIframe.asp?opc=1

It's the silver grey Porsche Boxster S with "leather interior in special colour Cocoa" that's for sale for a mere ?23,900. :santa:

Last edited:
James had written, like a year or more ago now, about sheering off the bolt in the exhaust to his CB500. I thought it funny at the time, and even had considered writing to him, as I had sheered off the same bolt in my fathers CB550 4k.

Since this thread was apparently just sleeping and not actually dead, I should point out that Honda bolts, at least those used on bikes, are made of cheese.

What's worse is that on that particular motorcycle the exhaust goes 4 into 2, so you have to drop the exhaust to change the oil. (there are 4 into 1 units that would alleviate this problem)

I have to agree with the OC on this one. White cars... no.
*cough*

white-MiTo.jpg

He thinks that Alfa looks good in white.

Sorry, gang. I'm not sold.