What kind of presenters would you like to see?

What kind of presenters would you like to see?

• Total voters
Jay is getting kind of old though, and as far as I know, he doesn't drive his cars hard...hes more of a cruising along in this amazingly fast car, because I can kind of guy, I thought.

I don't know, a few weeks ago some one asked him about the Super Bowl and he said he doesn't watch it. He says it's the only night of the year he can go out and drive his cars fast without getting caught since no one else is on the road.

Being as the show is only a couple weeks away from airing you would think they would have announced the hosts by now.

Being as the show is only a couple weeks away from airing you would think they would have announced the hosts by now.
I would not be at all surprised if the show is pushed back. Quite expecting it actually.

You've seriously got to be kidding. I would vow never to watch that show no matter what. I really hope your kidding, please be kidding. :(

half kidding . it might work might not . but since you're put off , now they've GOT to have them in , just to piss your market segment off :p

nah! i like adam corolla, but i don't think he'd be right for top gear. he is a verified "car guy" though, appearing on tommy kendall's shows on the speed channel.

half kidding . it might work might not . but since you're put off , now they've GOT to have them in , just to piss your market segment off :p

You've seriously got to be kidding. I would vow never to watch that show no matter what. I really hope your kidding, please be kidding. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I kind of like Mike Rowe and Adam Carolla as hosts. I doubt it will happen, and Mike Rowe has been doing alot of Ford commercials lately so he might have a bit of a bias. But, I think their personalities are just about perfect for the show, honest, smart, sarcastic, and knowledgeable (I think)

Being LA based, we've done all we can to find out info. And it's hard to come by.

Latest rumor we heard is the pilot is now shooting in March.

That would mean it is cast, even though we hoped our guys were being considered.

Either way, let's just hope it turns out well. Really want to love this re-do.

They haven't announced an air date yet have they?
On the main FinalGear.com home page, the timer says:
The airdate for the first episode of Gear is unconfirmed, so no countdown quite yet.

They haven't announced an air date yet have they?
On the main FinalGear.com home page, the timer says:

It was in the news story.

I think that the mix of skills could actually come from anywhere - celib, journo, unknown or many other places.

I think that they:

1. Have to be witty and clever
2. Be able to communicate in an entertaining way with the audience both live and on TV
3. Car knowledge and opinions
4. Some balls (courage) - if a car is crap say so no matter who is flogging it
5. Oh the the American Stig Must Be able to Drive quickly (not always turning left preferably)
6. Most importantly be a great team player with the fellow presenters
7. And, not to do with the presenters - great cinematography and music please.