What little foibles do yo have aka the How OCD Are You? Thread

I do the belt thing but even when I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt I have the sleeves rolled up so the second isn't a problem for me. :D

Holding the belt buckle lets the whole belt slip through more easily anyway, I don't want to rip off any of the loops by accident.

If there are Magic: The Gathering cards in front of me, I'll pick them up and and play with them in my hands.

YES! The desktop is for temporary storage only, no launcher icons! Before Windows 7 I used ObjectDock, now I just use the new taskbar. Downloads go to the desktop until everything is extracted or whatever and it can be put in the proper place.

Any increase or decrease of volume on any device that is capbale of emitting audio, will be done in increments of five or ten

The bills in my wallet must be organized by value, in asceding order. The bills also must be facing me and with the right side up when opening the wallet.

:yes: :thumbsup:

If there is something in front of me, I'll pick it up and and play with it in my hands.

Volume on the TV has to be either a multiple of 2 or 5, unless I'm using headphones.

I'm one of those people who lays their table out before an exam with all the pens/rulers/paperwork layed out nicely.

Shirt collars and jacket lapels must go over seatbelts. :lol:

ID/bank/contact cards in walet must be organised according to likelyhood of use before the event. (if going to college I'll position my student ID over my bank card and the opposite if I'm going to the shop)

I can't listen to music when not moving, I must either pace around or be in a moving vehicle.

There is probably more stuff but I can't think of anything in particular, the above are the just the ones I've noticed.

Last edited:
i need to occupy my hands, its usually nail biting, but for a time i had some square magnets and i would flip them around in my fingers, the clicking drove my family mental.

Just thought of another:

When I'm exercising at the gym, I get self-conscious if I'm breathing too heavily like a rhinoceros, so I always pull out one earphone and leave the other one in.

I wash my hands...a lot. I'll usually be a bit less crazy about it if I'm doing something where I'm covered in filth anyway (filming something where I have to crawl into awkward, dusty spaces, eating crawfish, gardening, etc.), but if I even think I've come into contact with something sticky, germy, or stinky, I HAVE to wash it off. I don't even like the smell of my own doorknob on my hands. I'm really sensitive to smell, too. My mom brought a dog in my car a while back and I just about wanted to saw the top off to let it air out. THAT SMELL. ARRRRGHHHH, no animals in the car...unless they're helpless baby animals and...okay, I have a weakness, but I'll still be out there with a bunch of air fresheners and disinfecting cleany things as soon as I can afterwards. Or I'll take it to a wash and tell someone who's better at cleaning things deal with it. I really wish I had a maid. I can't STAND to touch dirty things or smell unpleasant things. Sometimes I'll let things go because I won't want to touch them to clean them, but I blame this more on being a busycoco with no roommates than anything else.

There's only one bit in the Failtima that I really OCD about: the "DC IN" cover that goes over the cigarette lighter. I don't know why, but it bothers me if the letters aren't upright. I really, really, really hate losing the cover and having that hole just open even worse. I'll drop what I'm doing and get over my discomfort towards touching icky things to dig under the seat to retrieve this cover if I have to.

Judging by all the pockmarks I found on the passenger side door, though, I'm probably going to revert to being one of "those people" who parks eighty-seven miles away the second I get a car I actually care about again. GRRRRRR.

I HATE it when people don't put the toilet seat cover down before they flush, I'm not talking about the part that girls bitch about not being put down I mean the part that stops dogs from drinking the water. I don't know why but I get furious when I see that up.

I HATE it when people don't put the toilet seat cover down before they flush, I'm not talking about the part that girls bitch about not being put down I mean the part that stops dogs from drinking the water. I don't know why but I get furious when I see that up.

Me too. Don't know why. All my laundry has to be folded in a particular way. My closet is arranged, summer stuff on the left, winter jackets on the right, slacks dividing shirts from outerwear, and everything facing left. I do the bills thing in my wallet as well (order of denomination, everything facing left, CANNOT be upside down). I can't ever get my feet dirty (besides a bit sweaty). That means barefoot on the beach drives me nuts, or walking around on the lawn barefoot. I'm the opposite with my hands, though. There's a bunch of other stuff too, but I can't remember.

I have so many little OCD-tendencies I can't remember them all. The weirder ones:

I don't like to use electronic devices when the battery is >50%. I think the thing needs to be charged and don't feel comfortable using it.

I carry a flash drive in my wallet, and I check throughout the day if it's still there despite being able to feel the wallet (I keep it in the front pocket rather than back).

All my digital data must be "in sync" (ie, no redundancies, proper backups, etc) all the time. If I get a new number on my phone or track for the music player, it needs to be copied to the archive on the computer.

I get irritated by any sign of rust on my vehicles, and sometimes spend a long time removing rust, cleaning and patching.

I also tend to organise anything around me, not "labels facing forward" bad, but close to it.

I can't listen to music when not moving, I must either pace around or be in a moving vehicle.

Really? I thought I was the only one, never met anyone else who had that quirk.

There's only one bit in the Failtima that I really OCD about: the "DC IN" cover that goes over the cigarette lighter. I don't know why, but it bothers me if the letters aren't upright. I really, really, really hate losing the cover and having that hole just open even worse. I'll drop what I'm doing and get over my discomfort towards touching icky things to dig under the seat to retrieve this cover if I have to.

I always keep my lens cover in a way that "Canon" is leveled. :mrgreen:

I cannot carry a wallet in my back pocket, always the front, if i carry one at all

I don't put nearly any liquid condiments on food (e.g ketchup on hamburger, mustard on hotdog) Vegetables like pickles and onions are fine though

if changing any bulbs that are pairs, I have to change both at the same time, as I can't stand one bulb being brighter than the other (A real pet peeve when driving at night)

I almost never carry cash, and will often times go as far as stop at the bank to deposit a 20 dollar bill that someone gave to me.

Both socks must match.

I can eat cheese, as long as it isn't cheddar

I check gum and candy for sorbitol. Not because I'm allergic to anything, but I think candy shouldn't make you nearly shit yourself if you decide to eat the whole bag.

I refuse to drink anything that has vegetable oil in it. (Mountain Dew, Sunkist...im sure there's more)

The corner of the comforter on my bed must be turned down when the bed's made.

Ya that's all I can think of ATM :)

EDIT: Another one: Labels and alignment. A crooked label bothers the hell out of me...I have to straighten it.

Last edited:
Screenshot2010-08-17at13320AM.png

ALL ICONS MUST BE CHANGED TO MATCH THE WALLPAPER
Because of the format I cannot change the bootcamp drive icon and it is DRIVING ME NUTS KHLKDHGKJFHJS

I cannot drive without music for some reason

I can't leave seconds on the microwave display, the correct time must be showing when not in use.

Cupboard doors must never be left open, the only reason for them to be open is if you are in the cupboard. If you are not in the cupboard, close the door.

There must be clutter, somewhere. I had a relatively OCD roommate once, and I was constantly putting a disorganized little pile of books on the desk so I could feel comfortable.

Those two seem like they should contradict each other, but no.

When getting dressed the right sock goes on then the left, then the shoes follow suit.

When eating I always take a drink before any food goes in my mouth and even if I leave food on the plate the drink will be empty. Drinks that aren't in mugs must be in my left hand, mugs in the right.

I can't sleep with socks on. It just can't be done.

After brushing my teeth I need a drink of water but it can't be from the same glass I used to rinse. That one is emptied and filled with fresh water for drinking.

I can't sit down while talking on the phone. I have to be standing and usually I'm walking around.

Last edited: