What little foibles do yo have aka the How OCD Are You? Thread

ALL ICONS MUST BE CHANGED TO MATCH THE WALLPAPER
Because of the format I cannot change the bootcamp drive icon and it is DRIVING ME NUTS KHLKDHGKJFHJS

I cannot drive without music for some reason

I'm a minimal icons person, too. Except my Windows partition on my Mac is called "WIND'OHS" :mrgreen:

It's not OCD, dammit. It's CDO. It must be in alphabetical order!

All clocks MUST be set as accurately as humanly possible. This means waiting for my computer clock to change, then once it does I click in the setting on my wrist watch (after having perfectly lined up the seconds hand) and simultaneously punching the minute button on my alarm clock.

All pens must be capped when not in use. I hate, hate, hate uncapped pens. Lose the cap, throw away the pen. It is dead to me.

I NEVER let my socks go into the hamper inside out. I always pull them off without making them go inside out. I have so many socks. If I have to turn another one inside out before folding I'll destroy something.

I always look over the tires before I drive and assess the tread depth and/or wear pattern. Not sure that's so compulsive, though. Just obsessive. What is compulsive is the driving position. It must be absolutely perfect, even if I'd be comfortable with a less perfect position. Doesn't necessarily have to be the car's fault. I just need it as optimal as it can be given the dimensions. That goes for mirrors, too. Side mirrors especially. I hate seeing the sides of the car in side mirrors. Can't drive like that.

Here's another: I can only have my wallet and keys in my right pockets. If they are in the left pocket by accident it's wrong and horrible and uncomfortable and needs switching post haste. I think my ass might have an indent on the right to compensate by now.

I have to make sure everything is neat and tidy, my computer has to be absoloutley, organized.

Music folders organized into Artists, no redundant short cuts, no duplicates.

When I have to recharge two batteries, I always drain them both before I start recharging either of them

I guess I'd have a lot more but I can't really think of them right now.

I have a few sets of dinner plates, each set has its own pattern. When they are stacked away in the cupboards, they must be stacked according to the patterns on the plates. If not, I have to restack them so they are. Ditto when putting them into the dishwasher.

When im sitting at a set of traffic lights or a stop sign etc, I always move the gear lever out of 1st into neutral, then back to 1st again before moving off.

My wallet goes in my right pocket, keys and/or phone in the left. Always.

I can't stand absolute silence, I must always have a fan on or music or my ocean noisemaker on to create some white noise.
Also I've just found that the word noise is too strange looking for my liking.

I never celebrate Birthday, and the only reason I celebrate Christmas and New Year is to keep the family happy. And i pretty much hates everything that has something to do with these days.:dunno:

I'm terrified of elevators, I always take the stairs no matter how high up I'm going. whether it being 4 floors or 20.

Also for some bizarre reason I always push up the sleeve of my right hand before wiping. :?
The heels on a loaf of bread are evil in my eyes. The slice of bread immediately next to the heel slices are also contaminated with evil, and as such I never take those. If a loaf of bread is down to the two heels, the two slices next the heels, and one slice in between those, it's time to buy more bread.
The bills in my wallet must be organized by value, in asceding order. The bills also must be facing me and with the right side up when opening the wallet.
I HATE it when people don't put the toilet seat cover down before they flush, I'm not talking about the part that girls bitch about not being put down I mean the part that stops dogs from drinking the water. I don't know why but I get furious when I see that up.
I cannot carry a wallet in my back pocket, always the front, if i carry one at all
Both socks must match.
Cupboard doors must never be left open, the only reason for them to be open is if you are in the cupboard. If you are not in the cupboard, close the door.
When getting dressed the right sock goes on then the left, then the shoes follow suit.
All those, and expanding on the seatbelt under lapel thing, if I'm wearing a shirt or jacket that isn't buttoned, the side opposite the shoulder strap will be pulled over the belt.

Also, DVD cover inserts must be properly aligned to the case. I've gone to great lengths manually trimming ones that were printed off center or crooked so that they would fit properly.

I'm working at a convenience store for the summer. When I'm bored, and there haven't been any customers in the last 3 hours, I like to stock cigarettes. I don't smoke, but putting away those cute little boxes of Marlboro Menthol Ultra-Light 100s is enough to convince me to take up the hobby (while the price convinces me otherwise). Every box has to have the cigarette manufacturer name facing outward. Every. Single. Box. I organize even numbers of boxes in a row, taller packs on the left, brands by brands, soft packs next to soft packs. When you're working a 12-hour overnight shift, it's the only thing to keep you from sticking your hand in the Turbochef Model C3 to feel anything.

Seriously, that oven cooks frozen chicken wings from freezer-burned to regular-burned in less than 3 minutes. It bakes at 1000 degrees F, and is basically a small Sun.

There's quite a few things....

Packing my uni / work / handbag or whatever with absolutely everything I need for the day the night before and leave it next to my desk.

Turning all appliances which don't have clocks or need to be kept running off at the wall, not just the 'power' button.

Taking all receipts out of my purse as soon as I accumulate more than one and dispose of them or file then away if needed for tax purposes or proof of purchase.

I'd say I file quite a lot - all car payments, bank statements in chronological order and arranged by month etc. I know a lot of people who don't bother to do this and wonder how on earth they can ever find anything when they need it!

I always put my socks on before my pants.

I never wear shoes inside the house, in winter I like to shuffle around in slippers, and in summer bare feet FTW!

I dust everything in my bedroom regularly. (Although I do suffer from a bit of dust allergy related hayfever and asthma - so sleeping in a room with as little dust as possible is probably a good thing!). I also dust my car dashboard a lot.

People spilling things on the kitchen benches and not wiping it up annoys me so much I have to grab a paper-towel right then and there and get rid of it.

When I stand up from a table I always push my chair in. (Might have something to do with the fact that I'm clumsy and tend to walk into / trip over chairs that people leave in my way a lot :lol:).

That's all I can think of for now - don't think they're that weird. I just like to be organised and I was brought up that way, taking after my mother. Dad and brother are more of your 'functionally disorganised' types. They don't care about a mess or planning ahead, but this never seems to cause them problems. Personally, I don't get how they do it. :|

Here's another: I can only have my wallet and keys in my right pockets. If they are in the left pocket by accident it's wrong and horrible and uncomfortable and needs switching post haste. I think my ass might have an indent on the right to compensate by now.
I have to have my keys in my left pocket for the totally unrelated reason of if they are always there irl then they will be in my dreams when I need them.
I can't stand absolute silence, I must always have a fan on or music or my ocean noisemaker on to create some white noise.
Also I've just found that the word noise is too strange looking for my liking.

Me too. I must have the AC or fan on all the time.

Wow. Well either we're all a bunch of weirdos or I can at last relax and consider myself normal. :lol:

Keep 'em coming people.

I can't set my alarm for 9:00 or 7:00. Has to end with an odd-number. 9:09 or 7:03.

Yes, I know. I'm a freak. -_-

Numbered volume levels have to be set as an odd number.

I get hopping mad at people who adjust the passenger side seat without first asking. I adjust it so that their head gives me the least visual obstruction. When parking, the front wheels have to be set straight. Can never understand how some people leave their cars parked with the front wheels off centre.

Nothing else gets into my pocket with the phone, unless it's soft and cuddly. Also, if my phone gets set down on a hard surface like a table, there has to at least be a piece of paper in between. Same thing for watches.

Reminds of one I forgot. Passenger seat position has to line up exactly with that of the driver's seat for reasons of neatness and symmetry. Do not, under any circumstances move it. If your legs are too short to do imaginary braking against the firewall then tough shit! If you don't trust my driving then get the fuck out and walk!