What little foibles do yo have aka the How OCD Are You? Thread

I have to check all the handles because if I don't turn the key all the way around the cam doesn't lock and will just spin around when the handle is pushed up. :roll:

Still, it adds character and gives me something to do.

I just caught myself doing another OCD thing. My credit card, driver's license, and military ID card all have to be the right way up and facing outward as I open my wallet. I can easily tell which card is which from the backs, but I just don't like to see the backs when I go to pull one out.

Another thing I do is touch a metal piece on a drinking fountain before drinking from it. I've done this ever since I got a static shock to my teeth when I went to take a drink. That hasn't happened since I started this habit.

I keep all my receipts that I've ever received - each one gets entered into an excel spreadsheet, which gets balanced at the end of the month. It's sad because I always joke that I can describe my entire life on one workbook.

At a stoplight, I'm always in 1st out of habit. I usually never leave it in neutral just in case someone ass rapes me again.

I like to cut my food into geometric shapes - pancakes get turned into hexagons and steaks are cut into isosceles triangles.

... yeah, I'm pretty weird. :?

I like to cut my food into geometric shapes - pancakes get turned into hexagons and steaks are cut into isosceles triangles.

Whew, I'm not the only one who does that. I tend to truncate my food in a spiral pattern so it turns into a proper polygon as soon as possible.

All my food and drink must be in the form of a perfect Penrose triangle before I will consume them.

Whew, I'm not the only one who does that. I tend to truncate my food in a spiral pattern so it turns into a proper polygon as soon as possible.

Exactly! I'm always moving my plate around at the dinner table to get the best angle.

I guess I'm unabashed at most things - servers always give me interesting looks when I have leftovers. They've been known to carry away a few interesting shapes and sometimes, complete sceneries (yeah, the food was really bad that one time). Well, so much for Emily Post.

Exactly! I'm always moving my plate around at the dinner table to get the best angle.

I guess I'm unabashed at most things - servers always give me interesting looks when I have leftovers. They've been known to carry away a few interesting shapes and sometimes, complete sceneries (yeah, the food was really bad that one time). Well, so much for Emily Post.

And if it gets really bad, you can always cut the food into a tangram and arrange it in a rude gesture.

My microwave has a knob on it to adjust the seconds. It can be popped in and popped out. I always pop it in once I'm done using the microwave, and will always pop it in if I'm walking by and see it popped out.

I "skin" chicken nuggets with my teeth as i eat them :S

At a stoplight, I'm always in 1st out of habit. I usually never leave it in neutral just in case someone ass rapes me again.
That made me think of what I do. I guess it could be OCD-ish. I always put my cars into neutral if I'm coming to a stop from say, 40+mph. But on my bike, I almost always leave it in first. If I haven't ridden in a while and I put it in neutral, I often try to take off without putting it in gear. Making myself look like a total asshole revving at a light, no doubt. :lol:

Yeah, I'm an even-numbered-or-multiple-of-5-volume-level guy.
Whenever I put keys into an ignition the buttons on the fob MUST face me.
I always reverse into a garage but at a shopping center I prefer nose first. Also if I'm at a shopping center/underground/multi-story car park I'll park in a space next to a bollard/big-fuckoff-concrete-thing so I get more space so stupid mothers don't hit my car with their door putting their annoying little shits into the car.

I'm sure I have hundreds more but this is all I can really think of right now.

Also, I tend to leave a line between separate thoughts in a post/email.

I don't know where to start.

I have to keep moving things around until I have completed a set number, such as moving my glasses up and down between 3-6 times. I can't stand walking on lines in the concrete. I must have a certain Cabbage Patch Kid doll the furtherest away from me before I go to bed. I twitch my nose and ears quite a lot.

So yeah, I can't think of anything else.

Another one, when I am buying something I need exact change for, I will always count out the exact change at least 5 times before actually paying up.

I actually re-count and re-count my change as well in that situation, but I think it's mostly to do with the fact that I suck at mental arithmetic so badly I have to check and re-check because I keep thinking I've miscounted something.

Okay, maybe I'm a little paranoid about constantly miscounting things then, even when I don't....because I still might.....yeah.

I just thought of one thing I'm totally paranoid about, my alarm clock. I always check the time it's set to at least two or three times before I turn the alarm on, and then sometimes I even check it more times after that. And then I always check the little light that tells me it's on a few times before going to sleep as well.

Missing a day of classes because you completely forgot to set your alarm one night will do that to you.

I used to always need to have things done symmetrically, and if they weren't done like that, it would bother me to the degree of crippling my capacity to work.

Whilst working all the items on my desk must be faced towards me
My markers have to be in a logical order based on their colour (eg blue, green, yellow)
No cable clutter - all cables must be neatly hidden beneath my desk
When I leave my workplace it must be completely empty (apart from the screen and docking station)
No one may touch my chair, it's adjusted just the way I like it, it ruins my day when I arrive at work to find someone has messed with it - or has moved it (open landscape office, plenty of identical looking chairs => good luck finding it)

In a movie theater I always put my drink in the cupholder to my right.
If it's occupied by the person sitting to my right, I tend to be really irritated, it spoils the movie for me.

I can't stand sleeping with clothes on

At home I always walk around barefeet - both indoors and outdoors (except when it rains/snows/is muddy outside)

When I start reading a book, I can't quit until I have finished it

At the gym I can't stand unused lockers whose doors are open, I just have to close those before I can do anything else

No one is allowed to eat in my car and only water may be drank in it.
Anyone who dares throwing up in my car will be instantaniously thrown out no matter what time of day it is, no matter what location we're at.

When I have a new favourite song, I just have to listen to it repeatedly for several hours, until I get sick of it.

I have spend hours finding the perfect ringtone, it's instantly recognizable and thusfar I haven't heard anyone else with the same one.
If I were to encounter anyone else with the same one, I would have to change it.

I find having a wallet in your backpocket to be extremly annoying/uncomfortable

My work clothes (shirts/suits/ties/shoes) are all arranged per colour, and have to be stored separately from my regular clothes

Spaghetti may not have any cheese on top of it - I always mention this when I order - when they ignore my request I do send it back

For some reason I always notice "special" hours such as 12:34, 13:37,...

My alarm clock always has to show the time 9 minutes in the future

I keep all my receipts that I've ever received - each one gets entered into an excel spreadsheet, which gets balanced at the end of the month. It's sad because I always joke that I can describe my entire life on one workbook.

... yeah, I'm pretty weird. :?

First one is actually a pretty good idea- I would do it if I had the patience! :lol:

Second one I also do (car, bike, whatever), purely because it's safer (like you said, quick getaway if needed). Luckily I don't have to worry about it on the scooter!

Other stuff I do-

- bite my nails, trying to quit again at the moment.
- "skin" pluto pups, sausage rolls, etc (basically I pull the batter/pastry off, eat the meat/inside then he papstry/batter)
- Pull burgers apart, although that's more to do with the fact that I can't bite into big burgers.
- I always have to doulbe and triple check stuff like change anjd my alarms too, because I hate being wrong :lol:

EDIT: Opposite of the post above me- I never walk barefoot anywhere. Although that's more down to the fact the last two times I have walked around barefoot I have stepped on a bee and gotten glass in my foot. My feet are pretty unlucky!

Last edited: