What little foibles do yo have aka the How OCD Are You? Thread

One of my smallest, but dearest to me is keeping the climate controls in my car vertical, and the sphere vents perfectly straight.

Ah-ha, that will be easy on the new 105E. IIRC the "climate control" i.e. hot/cold lever is vertical.

So that's why you bought it.

:think:

( :lol: )

Ah-ha, that will be easy on the new 105E. IIRC the "climate control" i.e. hot/cold lever is vertical.

So that's why you bought it.

:think:

( :lol: )

I should think myself lucky, even on the Deluxe model, the heater was an optional extra. (?10 4s 6d, I think). Graceful controls though for my little bit of AnalGear:
tech-dash105e.jpg

The left side of me bed ALWAYS has to have more duvet on it than the right.

Me handbag can be cram-jammed full of shite, but as soon as me wallet starts accumulating crap; I am an absolute mess. So I have all me cards in it arranged in order of importance. Debit card then credit cards first on one side along with me NI card and driving licence. Loyalty cards in the other side in the order of which shop I frequent more. This would be Boots, then Superdrug, then GameStation.

DVD's are in alphabetical order. Though I have dedicated shelves for anime which are also in alphabetical order.

I eat everything separately. Until some bugger pours gravy on everything. I especially hate this when I have boiled potatoes an' there's gravy all over 'em that I didn't put there 'cause I'd normally have butter. If there's gravy on me boiled potatoes, I won't touch 'em.

I also eat certain things in a weird way. Jaffa Cakes have that bit of sponge before the orange bit int middle eaten. Then the remaining chocolate stuff get's bitten off. THEN I eat the remaining sponge before eating the orange jelly disc last. Fry's Turkish delights have all the chocolate bit/picked off so there's just the pink stuff left. I admire it for a few moments then eat it. Mint Aero's are the same I bite/pick all the chocolate so it's just the green stuff left. In fact most things that have a centre/middle I prefer more than the outer; I will usually bite it all off. You wanna see me eating a Melton Mowbray. :lol:

I always, ALWAYS eat the white off a fried egg first.

I have a thing of odd numbers. Me alarm in a morning is always set to an odd number. For example if I'm wanting to get up around 8am; I'll set me alarm to 07:57 OR 08:03. In saying I have a thing for odd numbers I always have preference to odd multiples of 3.

Last edited:
Car cleanliness and air vent positioning. Unless the vents are pointed at me, they must be pointed straight.

Other things come and go when I see it.

I also eat certain things in a weird way. Jaffa Cakes have that bit of sponge before the orange bit int middle eaten. Then the remaining chocolate stuff get's bitten off. THEN I eat the remaining sponge before eating the orange jelly disc last. Fry's Turkish delights have all the chocolate bit/picked off so there's just the pink stuff left. I admire it for a few moments then eat it.:lol:

I've been known to do these, but generally I'm too lazy and just stuff them in (full moon, total eclipse!). haven't had Jaffa Cakes for a while actually, not sure we have any.

The notes in my wallet are sorted by nomination and always with the front side to the front (... you know what I mean). At supermarkets I will take a trolley from the longest queue and when I'm done shopping, I will put the trolley back into the shortest queue. And I get frustrated about all the I see people who don't do this little, hassle-free bit of optimizing, too.

The notes in my wallet are sorted by nomination and always with the front side to the front (... you know what I mean). At supermarkets I will take a trolley from the longest queue and when I'm done shopping, I will put the trolley back into the shortest queue. And I get frustrated about all the I see people who don't do this little, hassle-free bit of optimizing, too.
Add all that to my list as well ...

I've been known to do these, but generally I'm too lazy and just stuff them in (full moon, total eclipse!). haven't had Jaffa Cakes for a while actually, not sure we have any.

I can't do the half-moon/total eclipse thing. It's just so damn wrong to me. :lol:

Marks and Spencers sell counterfeit square ones.

Marks & Spencer's faux Jaffa Cakes are ace, but over way too soon.

Can you be obsessive compulsive over not being OCD? I hate symmetry and order - it disturbs me. I have to muss it up. My car's like a skip with an engine. Sometimes I drop something on the floor and just walk over it for days, or leave my post laying on the doormat if it doesn't look interesting. Eventually, I'll get annoyed enough with myself to tidy up and then it looks so nice that I vow I'll keep it that way. Lasts about five minutes.

Slutty, but saves a hell of a lot of time.

Marks and Spencers sell counterfeit square ones.

There's just summat really wrong about that. :|

I was talking to me co-worker earlier today about eating Jaffa Cakes an' his method may be weirder than mine. He just like the orange bit int middle so he takes the Jaffa Cake apart, chucks away most of the sponge an' collects all the orange bits so he's got a stack of 'em then eats 'em all stacked up in one go. :lol:

Can you be obsessive compulsive over not being OCD? I hate symmetry and order - it disturbs me. I have to muss it up. My car's like a skip with an engine. Sometimes I drop something on the floor and just walk over it for days, or leave my post laying on the doormat if it doesn't look interesting. Eventually, I'll get annoyed enough with myself to tidy up and then it looks so nice that I vow I'll keep it that way. Lasts about five minutes.

You and my son could be twins. :p

Mine are all around the house symetery issues - towels, pictures, flat surfaces - all must be clean, clear and square, always. So my husband and youngest make it a habit of touching everything every morning while getting ready for work and school. Every towel, picture and flat space will be despoiled before they leave and then I have to spend an hour cleaning and leveling. Cheeky gits!

The worst is leaving for holiday. They do their evil and go out to the truck, then I spend 15 minutes checking everything before I can leave (God forbid a towel is uneven while I'm in Belize). In the end they always ask, "What took you so long?" Boarders on abuse, I'd say.

Hmm. I have a thing for symmetry. Unless it's photo frames or decorative knick-nacks. They look better grouped in threes.

My CD/DVD/Books are all grouped in Alphabetical order by band name/title/author. If there is more than one item by the same artist/author/or series, then they stay in chronological order of release.

I must have the radio in my car on an even volume number.

The ironing board has to be put away pointed end down.....

ironing_board_cover_metalized_folded.jpg

and toilet paper must go on the dispenser with the free end away from the wall.

825896HBO111111M.jpg

Last edited: