What little foibles do yo have aka the How OCD Are You? Thread

Both doors in the room must be shut when I am eating at the dining table. I cannot eat in a room where the doors are open.

Somewhat similar, I cannot sleep in a room with a open door.

I HAVE to shower after #2-ing. Or, in other words, I don't #2 unless I can shower immediately afterwards.

I have to have my door closed when I sleep.

I'm exactly the same, yet as a child I couldn't go to sleep unless my door was slightly ajar. This wasn't a parental rule or anything like that, it was just what I wanted. I guess it's not really an OCD thing though, as it does help to reduce the noise made by others moving about the house (insomniac brother FTL) and keeps the cats off my bed when I don't want them there and attacking my window blinds at 2am for no reason.

I don't think this is really OCD but I have a bit of a system when I do the dishes. Utensils and dishes have to be sorted and placed in a particular order in the drying rack. Knives and forks go together and the prongs/blades have to be pointed down and tilted at a certain angle. Spoons go by themselves, scoops down and tilted a certain way. Small plates/saucers go first on the dish rack, followed by medium sized plates, then large. Any pots, misc. stuff go after. Cups and glasses are sorted by size and are grouped together if they're a part of a set. Mugs get their own section.

My ODC-ness annoys my entire family, because I constantly get bitchy about things when they try to fumble with anything.
The books on my shelves need to be arranged in order of size, if there's many books of the same size, they must be in alphabetical order.
Clothes need to be arranged by color, unless they are on the floor, which they usually are.
If I crack one knuckle, I must crack all of my knuckles.

:D

Have realised recently that almost without my knowledge, every time I walk past the fridge I must check that it is closed properly by pushing on the door slightly.

Have realised recently that almost without my knowledge, every time I walk past the fridge I must check that it is closed properly by pushing on the door slightly.

I do that too! :lol:

I also hate desktops with icons, but for me I will argue that it's more because I like the nice clean look, and want to avoid clicking things by accident, than OCD

What little foibles do yo have aka the How OCD Are You? Thread

I constantly question whether I've turned the heater off before I leave the house, to the point I have to go back in and check. I always have though.

Now I've started actually thinking about it consciously as I turn it off, to try and avoid second-guessing myself.

Whenever I buy a bag of Starburst candy, I eat them always in the same sequence, yellow-orange-pink-red, repeated twice, and I pile the used wrappers neatly in the same order as I eat them.

I was watching a bit of this Ruby Wax documentary before about mental disorders an' one woman on it had proper OCD. Found out she was abused as a kid then started compulsive hand washing/sanitizing. Then I remembered I did it for years from the age of 7 when I started getting bullied at school. I'd wash me hands at least twice every hour or whenever I could with tons of soap an' scalding hot water. So much so I got really bad Dermatitis from it. Sometimes I'd spend ages in the bathroom with me hands in hot water just washing them then emptying the sink, refilling it, later rinse repeat. No pun intended.

It stopped when we moved to North Yorkshire an' the bullying stopped when I went to school there. I started doing it again when we moved back to Scotland an' I started going to High School an' got bullied there till I left at 15. :|