What Mobile Phone?

asorry but if your talking money then its the vertu or nothing

Photo-Vertu.bl.jpg

anyone got a spare ?20,000 ish to lend me for one?

actually its fairly shite to be honest, dont even have a camera but its made from some of the most expensive metals, the screen is diamond laid to prevent scratches and they usually embed jewels in the buttons, one of those stupidly overpriced fashion phones

Azza, is the V3x here? it may be a better alternative to the 8800 while having the same UI and form-factor.

While the v3i and the v3 differs in a general cornercutting with low quality parts for the v3i, the v3x is another kind of beast with a goforce processor within it that could do even 3d acceleration (if those geniuses at motorola could enable it :thumbsdown: ) and unlike the other offerings here like the 8800 or the k750i it can do videocalls.
Of course if may ask is an umts coverage avaible in your area? , as the vodafone map can tell, coverage is not good.
If there is coverage the nokia n9x series is quite exclusive due to their stellar prices, beaten only by vertu, in italy the top of range models are so rare that in some places the samsung serene is cheaper(as the olufsen store here in my city has to sell it underprice at 599? for a rather long period to get their minimum number of units sold).

Vanel E46 said:
and unlike the other offerings here like the 8800 or the k750i it can do videocalls.

Well it was the k800i he listed and that does have videocalls.

mgkdk said:
Vanel E46 said:
and unlike the other offerings here like the 8800 or the k750i it can do videocalls.

Well it was the k800i he listed and that does have videocalls.

A couple of my friends had it and it had the chronical defect of not getting the 3g network, it goes an instant to say "hey i'm working" and then it returns to 2g, so the videocall is not avaible for them :p . I don't know if their models were(exchanged with a couple of 6680 after a week) faulty or its a standard problem, but i would not suggesting a SE to anyone but a picture quality maniac :D (din't azza asked for an exclusive phone? the k800is rather cheap at about 400? and made of plastic with aluminium details rather than the 8800 full aluminum body)

v3x doesn't have any appeal to me... Way too bulky... And the material doesn't have a nice touch...

I saw Vertus CEO drive over his own cell with his 911. Didn't have a scratch...

Buba said:
v3x doesn't have any appeal to me... Way too bulky... And the material doesn't have a nice touch...

I saw Vertus CEO drive over his own cell with his 911. Didn't have a scratch...

totally agreed... I own one as well... the material is abit funny.... but still packed with functions

Lilleput said:
His parents are paying so..

im paying for the phone myself

Can we have a bit of sense here, obviously im not gonna buy a phone thats more expensive than my car. ?20k for a mobile phone? Thats redicilous money. And the Vertu is completely rubbish and has features from the last decade!

I do like the 8800 as it is fully made of steel and alike metal materials, however uses features from the last decade. On the other hand, the EF81 uses magnesium/aluminium/steel and alloy materials, i also heard that the screens are constructed from sapphire glass.

I have already saw the V3x and i didn't like the soft rubbery texture of the exterior, the phone is also too thick, almost twice as thick as the EF81.

The ef81 uses steel in the internal frame maybe but the outside is cheap plastic, flimsy and the screen is like every other screen in this world, i have seen it scratched from daily use in less than a month. If the list is sacred go for the sony-ericson, while the 8800 is nice looking is not so far from a vertu costellation featurewise.

The V3x is as think as the ef81... Or maybe even a bit thinner...

Just looked at a mates Nokia 8800 its a very nice case and everything but I wasn't actually impressed by the phone itself. Seemed very very outdated technology.