What Mobile Phone?

AZZA

Car(s)
Audi A4 B8
Just looking to change my phone at the moment, i got a Motorola V3 Black currently

Been looking at the

• Benq-Siemens EF81
    Samsung P300 Credit Card phone
    Samsung E900
    Nokia 8800
    Sony Ericsson K800i

what would you choose?

Alright, my dad had the Nokia 8800. Super nice looking, but it was like 1000 dollars when it first came out. It was just nice looken, no real "cool features"

The Samsung E900, is i think, the samething as the D808. Same thing with the 8800. Sleek, sexy. Average phone with a camera....and usual stuff.

I just bought the k800i and i love it so I would choose that :D

depends what you want out of the phones really, the K800i has the best camera on the market at 3.2 megapixel with a xenon flash so damn handy to capture those moments on the move, pesonally it would be my choice as sony ericsson have really started to come good overthe last couple of years. Easy to use, great features, lovely phone.

2md choice would be the E900, samsung are making some great looking phones and they have some good features for calling, like an ambient noise adjuster when making c alls. Basically it detects the background noise and if its a bit loud puts up the volume so you hear better automatically, it does the same for the ringtone i believe to make sure you hear it ringing.

The Benq is basically an improved model of the V3 that you already have, nice if you like the design of the phone but not a fan meself

don?t buy samsung phones!

I got a D500, and it SUCKS!

Software crashes all the time, Samsung only gave 1 year of garanty, so I had a software crash while talking handsfree, whole operating system crashed, couldn?t turn phone back on, samsung said "no garanty" and I had to pay 70? to get it fixed again, even if it was a production fault.

NEVER EVER a phone by Samsung will enter my house again! Take the Sony, they rock, my next one will be a SE again!

It depends on what you expect from your phone... Do you want it to be very small and light? Stylish? Exclusive? With a good camera?

Moneywise how much would it cost each ?, as far as i know the benq-siemens suffers from firmware issues but it is only avaible here as a branded version with an ancient firmware, the 8800 is expensive for the specs offered, and the samsung are not known for reliability whatsoever here(out of three different models in standard 2g, 2.5g and 3g in my family all dead, everyone has malfunctioned and failed). My personal suggestion is Motorola for call quality, sony-ericson for camera quality and nokia for overall system quality, if i can add a model for your list i might watch the nokia n-series to check if there is something that you might like.

Don't buy the EF81!!! I saw a demonstrator which had some of the buttons dented from fingernails.... And its slow!!!

E900 sounds sweet! It isn't out yet in Germany, afaik, so no advice here...

K800i is bulletproof!!!

I had a Samsung, IT SUCKED (and I've heard the same being told a lot)

...and besides haven't we already collectively decided that the K800 is the official Finalgear phone??

go for the K800i, its the best of the bunch. unless you have some preconditions of the phone?

Well im not sure yet, im looking for a small exclusive phone, that uses exclusive materials and has a decent camera, probably looking for the most attractive phone between them all - so which do you think is more attractive?

The Nokia 8800 is very nice; I've thought about getting one in the beginning. But after some thinking, I found the 8800 only has pretty basic features other than a nice LCD screen (the camera is only 300K pixels). I don't know how much the phone costs in Ireland, but I'm pretty sure you can get something with more features for the same price. I personally think the SE K800i is nice; it's got a super nice camera, and it's practically trouble-free. Samsung makes sleek powerful phones these days, but my Korean friends tell me they're so-so in terms of reliability; so basically they're buggy.

I kind of like the Motorola RAZR V3I

v3ix2.JPG

very stylish, slim profile, cool metal body parts. However, the camera quality is pathetic compared to the K750i and alike (and surely compared to the k800i, off course).

bobo_1314 said:
The Nokia 8800 is very nice; I've thought about getting one in the beginning. But after some thinking, I found the 8800 only has pretty basic features other than a nice LCD screen (the camera is only 300K pixels). I don't know how much the phone costs in Ireland, but I'm pretty sure you can get something with more features for the same price. I personally think the SE K800i is nice; it's got a super nice camera, and it's practically trouble-free. Samsung makes sleek powerful phones these days, but my Korean friends tell me they're so-so in terms of reliability; so basically they're buggy.

The 8800 costs ?499GBP in ireland, its currently irelands most expensive phone. The V3 cost me ?299 at the start of the year, but the previous year it hit the shelves at ?599. Cybermonkey, i already have the v3, i dont want a new phone that looks just like my old phone.

They're all just phones at the end of the day! Get the cheapest phone with the plan that most suits you...even if you buy the "best" phone, it's going to be obsolete in a month anyway...whats the use :bangin:

That 8800 has 800x600 cam, so more like 480k pixels... Looks nice, a buddy of mine has it... Wouldn't touch it with a stick though... All the other aren't made of exclusive materials, though... Unless you count the space age material called "absolute rubbish" they built the ef81 with... There is a ef91 coming up this month, maybe its better...