What now for Palestine?

Joined
May 22, 2004
Messages
99
Location
Sydney, Oz
Yasser is gone (rumoured to be poisoned as well), they're in the process of electing his replacement and Bush had declared that he wants the establishment of a Palestinian state 'within four years'.

Where do people think this conflict will go and do you honestly think we will see a lasting peace?
 

hanasand

Despot
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
1,300
Location
Stavanger, Norway
There wont be a lasting peace. And I don't think Arafat was poisoned. He was old,
and the surroundings in Palestine isn't exactly perfect for living long...

These people are raised learning how bad the people on the other side of the wall is,
so as long as most of them have these thoughts this conflict will go on. If only the
self-made worldpolice would act where it is needed... Let's make a european unity
overruling the U.S so we can actually get something right done? And I'm not blaming
the whole nation of U.S for this, but their leaders..
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2003
Messages
4,905
Location
Decorah, IA
Car(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (USDM)
hanasand said:
There wont be a lasting peace.
These people are raised learning how bad the people on the other side of the wall is,
so as long as most of them have these thoughts this conflict will go on. If only the
self-made worldpolice would act where it is needed...
A bit hypocritical don't you think?

You say you can't have a lasting peace there, and then you blame the US for doing nothing.
The US seems to get criticized no matter what it does.
First there were a lot of criticism that the US should stay out of it, then the US does (correctly so, because with Arafat in the mix it was pointless), and then the US gets criticized for doing nothing :? .
hanasand said:
Let's make a european unity overruling the U.S so we can actually get something right done?
No offense, if it is so important to the world then why wasn't this done ten years ago, or twenty... or thirty... etc... ?
I suspect the reason is that they realize just like the US that there isn't a whole lot that could be done with Arafat in place.

Let's just hope that whoever replaces Arafat is better to work with.
 

haz

I AM OT!
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
5,519
Location
Oslo
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
Re: What now for Palestine?

Demented Freak said:
Yasser is gone (rumoured to be poisoned as well), they're in the process of electing his replacement and Bush had declared that he wants the establishment of a Palestinian state 'within four years'.

Where do people think this conflict will go and do you honestly think we will see a lasting peace?
My opinion is that Bush is actually trying to build bridges here, instead of bombing them. This isn't his usual approach .... so I say give the guy a chance :)

haz
 

hanasand

Despot
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
1,300
Location
Stavanger, Norway
A bit hypocritical don't you think?

You say you can't have a lasting peace there, and then you blame the US for doing nothing.
The US seems to get criticized no matter what it does.
Im just making a point out of your nation acting only where it is profitable for
you to do so. Like Iraq. Helping out in the Israel/Palestine conflict is just as important
as removing Saddam. But offcourse there isn't any natural resources to
feed off of, and then again this is something you helped create. And should
therefore try to solve.

So no, I'm not being hypocritical. I think the U.S with it's powers should be
able to use it for the worlds best. But as it is being used right now it's not
serving as good as it could.
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2003
Messages
4,905
Location
Decorah, IA
Car(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (USDM)
hanasand said:
So no, I'm not being hypocritical. I think the U.S with it's powers should be
able to use it for the worlds best. But as it is being used right now it's not
serving as good as it could.
I think you are being hypocritical: you suggest that the situation could not be resolved, but yet you expected the US to do something.
Explain to me what the US or any other nation for that matter could have done.

hanasand said:
Im just making a point out of your nation acting only where it is profitable for
you to do so. Like Iraq. Helping out in the Israel/Palestine conflict is just as important
as removing Saddam. But offcourse there isn't any natural resources to
feed off of
Nothing wrong with protecting the interests of your country as far as I'm concerned, but natural resources is not what Iraq was about.
As far as the Israel/Palestine conflict, of course the US would like to see that resolved because the US does realize it is a global focal point, but there wasn't much the US could do.
hanasand said:
, and then again this is something you helped create. And should therefore try to solve.
This is news to me, are you saying the US created Israel or something?
 

justin syder

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
4,096
Location
New York, USA
Car(s)
1986 Mercedes-Benz 300E
This is news to me, are you saying the US created Israel or something?
He slept in History class cause he would know Israel was created by the United Nations. :wink:

You seem to still think the US is in Iraq for oil blah blah blah. Go take a look at the links I posted and stop making yourself look poorly educated, please.

WE created Isreal, :lol: :lol: . Someone failed history class.
 

hanasand

Despot
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
1,300
Location
Stavanger, Norway
Well I don't know what you are over-interpreting here. But you were also
a member of the U.N right after WWII were you not?

I think you need to pick up history at all before making these statements.

The point is that you actually played a role in the creation of the state called
Israel. You didn't have anything to do with Iraq or Afghanistan. No, I'm not
saying extremist leaders and dicatators should get to play their ball. But
Im suggesting to solve conflicts you've helped create before going into
other things.
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2003
Messages
4,905
Location
Decorah, IA
Car(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (USDM)
hanasand said:
Well I don't know what you are over-interpreting here. But you were also
a member of the U.N right after WWII were you not?

I think you need to pick up history at all before making these statements.

The point is that you actually played a role in the creation of the state called
Israel. You didn't have anything to do with Iraq or Afghanistan. No, I'm not
saying extremist leaders and dicatators should get to play their ball. But
Im suggesting to solve conflicts you've helped create before going into
other things.
Hmmm.... last time I checked Norway was one of the founding members of the UN :lol: . (I know it's a cheap shot).
 

hanasand

Despot
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
1,300
Location
Stavanger, Norway
Hehe yes we probably were. But then again few nations work harder for
a solution in this conflict than we do. I would like to claim that we are
a nation whom cares. Even though I cannot be the voice of 4,5 million people.

We have hosted numerous international meetings on this subject as I've
mentioned to Justin earlier when he brought on the same points..
 

justin syder

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
4,096
Location
New York, USA
Car(s)
1986 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Hehe yes we probably were. But then again few nations work harder for
a solution in this conflict than we do. I would like to claim that we are
a nation whom cares. Even though I cannot be the voice of 4,5 million people.

We have hosted numerous international meetings on this subject as I've
mentioned to Justin earlier when he brought on the same points..

WOW, LETTING THEM COME OVER TO YOUR COUNTRY TO TALK. WHAT A FUCKING COMTRIBUTION!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
 

haz

I AM OT!
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
5,519
Location
Oslo
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
justin syder said:
Hehe yes we probably were. But then again few nations work harder for
a solution in this conflict than we do. I would like to claim that we are
a nation whom cares. Even though I cannot be the voice of 4,5 million people.

We have hosted numerous international meetings on this subject as I've
mentioned to Justin earlier when he brought on the same points..

WOW, LETTING THEM COME OVER TO YOUR COUNTRY TO TALK. WHAT A FUCKING COMTRIBUTION!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Do you realy think that's it? yea, we just have "meetings" where the top leaders sip tea and talk about the weather .... c'mon Justin ....

Ever heard of the "Oslo-deal"? (No, googling to find out-doesn't mean you know about it Justin) Sadly, it didn't work out. But we make efforts to create peace, and that's a good thing. You can't say nuttn against that ...

haz
 

haz

I AM OT!
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
5,519
Location
Oslo
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
:lol: :lol: :lol:

haz
 

justin syder

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
4,096
Location
New York, USA
Car(s)
1986 Mercedes-Benz 300E
i dont get the inside joke. whats with you canadians and making fun of quebec? is it too french for canada or something? :|
 

Bitko

Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
41
Two reasons there won't be peace between Israel and Palestine, something that western media never mentions.
1. Despite arduous demands by the Arab countries Israel, till to date, refuses to officially declare its borders/map.
2. Israel in its peace plan, won't allow Palestinian refugess living in refugee camps in neighbouring counties to come back if there was ever to be an autonomous Palestine; wheras Israel has every right to give Israeli citizenship to any Jew, coming from any parts of the world, be they even part of the Russian underworld.
 
Top