What sort of case do you have for your phone or tablet?

stiggie

pop
Car(s)
Golf GTI
There are so many types of protective cases for phones (and tablets) now that I was wondering which it the most popular. Do you like the gel cases, snap-lock hard shell cases, leather flip cases? I like the ultra-thin hard cases that wrap around the sides, but not the top and bottom.

Here are a couple of the ones I use-

The Case Mate "Barely There" case in chrome
31317.jpg

The Cygnett "Frost" case in purple
TBLC-XX3900210_1.jpg

I hate having a case on my tablet all the time, because a] it's designed to be held the way it is, adding thickness makes an ergonomic design moot, unless you get an expensive one that fits in, and b] because i dont drop or scratch my gadgets.

For my phone i have no case, for my Fire i have a Timbuk2 Cush travelling sleeve

B005K2XHYE.01._SX241_SCLZZZZZZZ_V163496516_.jpg

And i got an orange neoprene Shocksock for everyday use that doubles as the new cover for my Kindle 3, i use both mainly to keep dust off them, and to keep the stylus close to the fire

I initially wanted to get a ruggedized case for my phone but I kept putting it off until I dropped it one too many times and chipped the paint off a corner, nicked the top a bit, etc. Really pissed me off as I know I'm hard on phones for some reason and as a result can never sell them on to pay for upgrades.

I ended up getting a cheap hard shell case from one of those mall kiosks a few weeks ago, just so I wouldn't fuck it up anymore. It looks good and is red metallic.

I don't buy cases for my phones, rather I tend to buy phones that are more rugged to begin with. The first phone I bought for myself (Nokia 6670) had a case that was completely replaceable, which was nice, and was a feature I made use of when I handed it off to my sister after upgrading. I couldn't do that with my current phone, since I wanted a touchscreen and QWERTY keyboard, but the back is at least a single piece of rubberized plastic that can be replaced, if need be. :)

So what phone do you have now?

I don't use cases so much for protection from drops (I buy HTCs, which are pretty solid) but for protection from scratches. I carry my wallet in one pocket and my phone and keys in the other, so the keys can totally fuck up the paint on the phone if it isn't covered.

Osaka super thin hard case combined with smart cover on my iPad, forget what the case is on my iPhone, but it is one of those "fashion hard cases" but is made to actually be decent if you drop your phone. Was pretty expensive but worth it.

Just bought this case for my phone though, cant wait to get it!!!!!! : D

My phone is caseless, because else it won't fit into my fitted Brodit carholder. Besides, cases get icky and make a phone awkward to hold. My iPad is in the original Apple iPad sleeve, the gatefold one. Because my daughters also use it extensively, it has protected it on many occasions.

I'm thinking of getting one of these beautiful metallic burgundy covers from Rock.
27121.jpg27120.jpg
It would look good with HTC Sense's burgundy skin and an appropriate wallpaper.
2012-03-15_19-19-07.jpg
2012-03-15_19-17-49.jpg

When I use my purple Cygnett cover I like to switch to Sense's purple skin-
2012-03-15_19-21-36.jpg
View attachment 6061

Last edited:
Day to day: Griffin Flexgrip in black:

1000x1000_GFNGB02507.jpg

For hiking: Griffin Survivor, because fuck you countryside:

black_Griffin_Survivor_iPhone_Cases.jpg

Gel case for phone (white)

T1s0aaXaBjXXakigUT_012040.jpg_310x310.jpg

And two cases for the ipad:

Tunewear-ipad-jacket.jpeg

stm_skinny_1.jpg

I do have a thing for super heavy-duty cases like otterboxes and the Case mate two-part ones but there arent any for the Nexus S and I didnt get an otterbox for the ipad because a)its too pricey and b)the skinny does the job just fine and I dont throw my gadgets around.

Last edited:
nothing.

phone's supposed to be used and i don't throw it through any walls or anything. after two years my phone still looks pretty much perfect without ever having had any case.

The main reason I have my case is to keep the back face of the camera off the table. I actually had to have the whole back plate of my iPhone replaced because the camera lens got so scratched up from being in my pocket, on a table, etc.

There'll probably be a variety of cheap ones on ebay. If you're not rough on phones any of them will do.

What sort of phone is it? Going back two years, I was still using one of these-

i actually got a HTC wildfire just after release, which was some time in june or july of 2010. htc desire should've been around then, too, and you could still use that just fine today, wouldn't you agree?

i will admit, it somehow FEELS strange to know those have been around for such a long time :?

The main reason I have my case is to keep the back face of the camera off the table. I actually had to have the whole back plate of my iPhone replaced because the camera lens got so scratched up from being in my pocket, on a table, etc.

my phone usually only shares a pocket with maybe a tissue or something, never anything that could scratch it and somehow my phone is ok with coming into contact with tables as well. maybe it's just a magically indestructible phone :p

Last edited: