What TGUS Presenter to Drop? [Part 2]

What TGUS Presenter to Drop? [Part 2]

• Total voters
Voted 'none'. None of the hosts are amazing, but the show would miss something if any of them were taken away. Ferrara is my least favorite, but Tanner is rather annoying in his own way. Rutledge is probably the best of the bunch, and there's something appealing to his country-bumpkin personality. He shouldn't have to change that, it's part of what gives his character charm and plays off the other two quite well.

I voted none originally, sticking with the vote.

But, watching S2, it's pretty clear to me that Ferrara and Tanner are the two keepers. Rut seems like a really nice dude, but at this point his only role seems to be getting made fun of by the other two. It'd be nice to see him show off more car knowledge instead of just being goofy all the time.

I think that's largely to do with one thing: The only person who's done any of the actual car reviews this season is Tanner (and, to a much much lesser extent, Adam). Last season, reviews seemed to be more evenly distributed among the three. But even if they gave Rut a segment on car modification or rebuilding -- which is a hobby of his anyway -- that would help a lot, IMO.

Last edited:
That's a good point. Rut even got cut from a few of the 'studio' scenes during the last couple of episodes; how's the boy supposed to represent if he's not present?

Or maybe they're not and that's just the way the cookie has crumbled.

I like all three hosts, especially Rut, he has an ernestness about him that I find enjoyable.

I say fire all three and replace them with Bill O'Reilly, Keith Olbermann and Randy Jackson. Boffo box office! :)

Keith would probably try to kill Bill-O in the first episode. ;)

I'd pay (with someone elses) good money to see a Olberman/O'reily deathmatch

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see a re-vote of this. I feel like all three hosts are really hitting their stride right now.

Last season I would of said Adam, heck even earlier in this season I would of still said Adam, but the three really seem to be hitting their stride now, so I voted none.

I'll echo what others have said - none. Before season 2 I would have said Rutledge but they are all starting to work together nicely.

None, because they need all 3, the loud one who breaks things (Adam), the big oaf who makes poor choices (Rut) and the racing driver who thinks he's smarter/better than the other 2 (Tanner) for balance

almost all of their big roadtrips were awesome, because of the chemistry between the 3

I voted none, given the improvements in season 2.

From the start of the show, with new titles and branding each guy 'The Wrecker', 'The Expert' and 'The Driver' the show is setting itself up differently from TG-UK, which is a good thing. I like the new version, with less studio time and more trips/tests/competitions.

But even if they gave Rut a segment on car modification or rebuilding -- which is a hobby of his anyway -- that would help a lot, IMO.

+1, Rut is the only guy left needing some airtime this season to show what he knows and what he's best at. Adam trying to 'race' the Lexus last week already proved what he was good at :lol:

But even if they gave Rut a segment on car modification or rebuilding -- which is a hobby of his anyway -- that would help a lot, IMO.
+1, Rut is the only guy left needing some airtime this season to show what he knows and what he's best at.

Have you conveniently ignored Rutledge's "fixing up" of the Lexus in the Car Dealer challenge? The guy admits he flipped cars back in the day, supposedly is knowledgeable about cars, and yet modified it in such a disgusting way where he lost the challenge and settled for giving the car for a Members Only Jacket?

Yeah, I'm kinda questioning his abilities as an "Expert" among other things.

Last edited: