what the fuck has happened to my camera

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
almost as if on cue, the moment the 1 year warranty ends the camera fucks itself

check this shit out

2439179738_b8edeaab46_b.jpg

now the camera was just fine last night, and this morning i downloaded the pics on it and erased them ready for use today and when i go to use it im greeted by a load of green n purple shit.

i am sooo annoyed right now.... my cars fucked, my cupboard in the kitchen is fucked, and my pride n joy, my macbook pro is on the verge of being fucked as well. everything electronic/mechanical is just breaking around me.

what should i do? i think i bought the camera begining of april last year so im 99% sure the 1 year warranty is up. something is bust, probably the sensor. i dont have the dough to replace the camera and probably not for the repair either.

Try changing the memory card? Could be a problem with a corrupt card... although from looking at that photo, my first guess would be sensor problems... :|

maybe try a firmware update?

latest firmware and i did a test shot sans memory card and the shot that showed up on the screen was just the same

I had the exact same thing happen to my camera in Feb this year (except my photos weren't psychedelic green/purple, they were baby-shit-brown). Turned out the be the sensor. I found a place that replaced the sensor for $100 with a 6-month warranty.

If your store warranty has indeed ended, I'd try to contact the manufacturer if they would be willing to do something about it. I seem to recall this one Sony compact camera which had some big time sensor problems and they were fixed for free by the factory.

yeah i rang up and they have like a 4 week "out of warranty period warranty" lol

so its been sent off. lets just hope they fix it.