what the hell?! Hammonds crash on my local news station, IN AMERICA!!

They featured the crash and Richard Hammond Sunday night on BBC World News. He was interviewed with crash footage.

I'm sure it was a slow news day all around, and some folks thought this was newsworthy since it was featured on BBC.

I was surprised to see it here on the news also.

The video also show up tonights Countdown with Keith Olberman in the Oddball segment.
Keith actually Richard by his nickname several times during of the clip saying to the owner of the jet car to Layoff the Hamster and blaiming him for the accident.
Saying "Hey Pal, I know you lost your jet car in the deal. But the Hamster almost lost his live in your death trap on wheels. So layoff.

It will be repeating tonight at midnight.

The Crash was also shown on nine and SBS in Brisbane, Australia

Was different to just look up at the TV and see the crash and them talking about Hammond like they all knew who he was.

You know what:) On TVN was also movie with this crash ...

In Poland !!! .... at the end of teh world :)

Apparently, there was also some mention yesterday morning in one of the morning news programmes. At least that's what my sister told me. So yes, we can assume that for once Top Gear has been news all over the world :)

They featured the crash and Richard Hammond Sunday night on BBC World News. He was interviewed with crash footage.

I'm sure it was a slow news day all around, and some folks thought this was newsworthy since it was featured on BBC.

Nonsense. The BBC have gone with this story throughout, it has nothing to do with being a slow news day. After all, he is a BBC employee.

when you read the mis-information the the "news" puts out it makes me wonder what else they get wrong. it is interesting to see when you know the truth about a topic and see them get it wrong. what if this was a report on say, Canadians in Afghanistan? or planes flying into buildings?:|

It was also covered in India on NDTV hours before the first episode aired. I dint see it, my bro saw it. They also showed pics of the crash.

Just found this article on yourtv.com.au

Top Gear criticised

Irreverent motoring show Top Gear has been criticised for reportedly glorifying speeding, just months after one of its presenters was almost killed in a high-speed crash.

In September 2006, co-presenter Richard Hammond narrowly escaped death when a jet-powered car he was driving at more than 450 kilometres per hour crashed at a Royal Air Force base near Leeds, England.

Though he suffered significant brain injuries, Hammond spent just five weeks in hospital and went on to make a full recovery. Footage of the crash was broadcast for the first time in an episode of Top Gear that recently went to air in the UK.

British politicians and road safety campaigners accused the episode of potentially influencing dangerous driving habits and have called for a public apology.

"[Co-presenter] Jeremy Clarkson said 'speed kills' and then pointed at Richard Hammond as if to say speed doesn't kill," a spokeswoman from road safety charity Brake told UK newspaper The Herald. "This glamorised speeding."

A BBC spokesman refuted the claims, saying the segment "could not have been a clearer illustration of the dangers as well as the excitement of speed".

My opinion is that Clarkson is spot on with his comment in a previous episode....

"Speed has never killed anyone, it's suddenly becoming stationary that kills you" Spot on JC

Hit the news overhere in Holland (aka The Netherlands) aswell,
2 hours after the episode it was on the late news of a commercial tv channel and the next morning it was on a public tv channel. (both including crash footage and one also some of the jokes, like the stairs and the tissue)

They showed it on both the morning and evening news in Maryland as well... My dad told me he saw it and I was pretty surprised.

On a side, but relatedd note, the sports announcer who featured it called the owner out for saying that the crash was driver error. Actually, he went off on him, pretty funny.