• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

what the hell is going on outside my house?

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
took this from my window right now:

2 ambulances, two firetrucks and two Police cars with full sirens, and plenty more further down the street :shock: wazzup???

I came back from the kitchen and suddenly all hell was loose ... people running and screaming ... I wonder what is going on! So if you don't hear from me I might be gone for ever :cry:

haz

For a moment I thought you were in the US. Why do they use American cars in Norway??

They look normal to you because you're American! :p

For instance, why is the firetruck based on a Ford F-series pickup truck?? Are those on sale in Norway?
The Mercedes police car on the right looks a lot more normal for my european standards...

firetrucks are so small compared to what we have in Hong Kong... I'll see if I can get some pictures....

I love how you guys stick to the vehicle part of this drama :lol: :lol:

I'm fine btw :lol: :p I dunno what happened out there ... they're all gone now ..

oliB said:

For instance, why is the firetruck based on a Ford F-series pickup truck?? Are those on sale in Norway?
The Mercedes police car on the right looks a lot more normal for my european standards...

why is the firetruck based on a Ford F-series pickup truck? I dunno! Yes, they are on sale (normal none firtruck option looking) here ...

The Merc is quite common yes ..

oliB said:
For a moment I thought you were in the US. Why do they use American cars in Norway??
I dunno, maybe cuz they are torquier and more reliable than other options?

haz

andyhui01 said:
firetrucks are so small compared to what we have in Hong Kong... I'll see if I can get some pictures....

dude, we have normal sized ones too ..

what you saw in the piture was a "smoke-diver" truck, which is used only when there is smoke development and no fire ..

haz

:lol: what was so funny? :lol: I'm laughing cuz you are laughing :lol:

haz

oliB said:

my guess is that they don't buy a normal one, and turn it into a firetruck.
it's rather a company which does a survey which car would be best, and transform them, and you can buy what they offer, unrelated wether the base car is available in your countrie.

(and japanese brands don't make suitable cars for transformation :mrgreen: )

bone said:
oliB said:

my guess is that they don't buy a normal one, and turn it into a firetruck.
it's rather a company which does a survey which car would be best, and transform them, and you can buy what they offer, unrelated wether the base car is available in your countrie.

(and japanese brands don't make suitable cars for transformation :mrgreen: )

that sounded very realistic Bone, so my guess will be that's what they do...

:lol: @ the japan brands joke ... :lol:

haz

Raider said:
haz said:
more reliable than other options?
haz

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, dunno about that... :lol:
Why would you take the F-series over a Merc? Probably cause they're cheaper I guess. ;)

haz said:
I'm fine btw :lol: :p I dunno what happened out there ... they're all gone now..

Glad you're alright then! :p
Maybe you'll read about it in the papers tomorrow.

haz said:
why is the firetruck based on a Ford F-series pickup truck? I dunno! Yes, they are on sale (normal none firtruck option looking) here ...

Wow, I didn't think those trucks are on sale anywhere in Europe!

But why should I buy one of those things?? In Germany and the rest of Europe I'd say pickup trucks are very uncommon. (especially compared to the US of course)
For example, I see a lot more Ferraris than pickups. (I see less than 3 pickups a year) And if I see one it's one of those manly VWs: ;)
http://degriottier.free.fr/vw caddy pick up.jpg

cya
Oliver

Fire Trucks in Hong Kong! 8)
little_app.jpg

bicycle.jpg

^ For outlying Islands! :lol:

For urban area :
52m_tl.jpg

hp_new.jpg

We have Scania, Dennis, and Merc. e.t.c.

realy?

i see pickups all the time

everyone who wants a big car for small money (you hardly have to pay any taxes on them) buys one. and a lot of gardeners etc do need them for their job

most of them are nissan or toyota, but you can have an F150 over here