what time

Well, AFAIK because you're located in the USA you won't be able to receive BBC. Not even with satellite television.

I have kinda the same problem...
I'd really like to watch US-TV but all the satellites are "behind the horizon". You're not able to "see" them from Europe. :?

cya
Oli

Fifth gear comes on monday on channel 5 in UK, not BBC.

And the BBC Channel that you get in the US is BBC World, which does not air full episodes of Top Gear.

My fault. :?
I know that Fifth Gear is on channel 5...

cya
Oli

With all of the satillites in the air you think they wouldnt have a problem with all of them being out of 'view' at any one point.

DimitriPopov said:
With all of the satillites in the air you think they wouldnt have a problem with all of them being out of 'view' at any one point.
Huh?

DimitriPopov said:

Yeah, they are all in contact with eachother right? They can send information around the globe with a network...

whatever :roll:

atleast we get them ripped here?

FUCK a satellite!!

jostyrostelli said:
DimitriPopov said:

Yeah, they are all in contact with eachother right? They can send information around the globe with a network...

Of course. It's not an issue with getting data from the UK to here... :lol: It's just a matter of the BBC not showing the show over here.

yeh...they dun have the money to buy the show to broadcast the show...or maybe they just dun want to...

jostyrostelli said:
DimitriPopov said:

Erm, maybe there are different kinds of satellites, for different purposes? :p You have networks of satellites around the globe, eg. GPS satellites. Some other satellites are for instance used to bring tv channels to certain parts of the globe, eg. Hotbird, Astra... So when, say, Hotbird doesn't cover the whole planet, it doesn't really matter if other (groups of) satellites do, does it.

There are actually three main types of satelites - geosat, meosat, and leosat. They operate at very different altitudes. It takes only three satellites to cover the entire globe at one time, if properly positioned. Uh, O/T anyone? :mrgreen:

Even if we could see the sats over Britian, satellites don't work like a big TV attenta - it's not like you could just tune into them and pick up the shows. It's a digital signal that's sending data. Think of it as the Internet. I can't just tune into a someone else's connection and view what they are viewing.

transtek said:
justin syder said:

FUCK a satellite!!

Wouldn't that hurt just a wee bit? :D

:lol: :lol:

how would i know, sounds like u had a go with one. :lol:

justin syder said:
transtek said:
justin syder said:

FUCK a satellite!!

Wouldn't that hurt just a wee bit? :D

:lol: :lol:

how would i know, sounds like u had a go with one. :lol:

Naw, not my style... give me a nice, stainless DTM exhaust and I might give it a try!!!