What to drive to Top Gear

GerardF1

Car(s)
2014 Fiesta ST
I am going over for the taping on July 28th. I have to rent a car. What should I get? At this point I am looking at a 500 Abarth - but I just discovered that the steering wheel is on the incorrect side (for the UK that is) and as I have never driven in the UK before I fear that might not be the best way to do it. Any thoughts or suggeations?

For maximum noticeability, nothing says RESULT! like a Bugatti Veyron. ;)

Oh I think that you may need something a little more sedate - if you are not over 25 you probably will not be able to get a rental car at all! Try to get a Focus or Astra, diesel is acceptable in a daily driver - remember when filling up not to stick petrol in it!!!!! Most cars here are hatch backs and front wheel drives too I am afraid. May be a Pug or Renault - watch for the electronic parking break if its one of those confused the hell out of me the first time I drove one.

Good luck and welcome to blighty.

Way over 25......

Lets just say that I have been following F1 since before Villeneuve - Gilles that is - started his first race in a McLaren...

As to the Veyron - well it is a little over my budget

You should arrive in a jaaaaaaaaaag... lol.

As a fellow (albeit far younger) maritimer, who cares what you drive just enjoy the show and know that most of us envy/hate you right now :)

Reliant
Robin
Rocket

/thread

G-Wiz, You'll definately get noticed :D

A jet dragster or a HiLux pickup with an outboard on the back - either way you're arriving upside down!

Failing that buy a stripey jumper/rugby shirt and rent a Fiat Panda.

Peel P50?

If you wanted to arrive late, with a cooked shin and gassed to death then that would be an excellent choice. You'd be the coolest corpse there though.

Ensure it's something reliable, which will get you there WELL early. Line-ups for the enthusiastically-inclined, I hear, last HOURS. Nothing like getting turned away from the gate because your car's failed you.

HiLux all the way, then! Heh.

vauxhal VXR (holden monaro), and drop the pipes before the diff just to make sure you'll get noticed!!

Last edited:
Are you going to the PEI Motor Show? (I noticed you're from PEI...NBer m'self).

Rent a Dacia Sandero. Or a Renault Avantime...I'm sure you could buy one for about 50p. :)