What to Eat/ Do after Wisdom Teeth Removal?

What to eat? Nothing that could mess with or irritate the stitches in your mouth. Use your own discretion.

What to do? The painkillers they gave you.

I ate a lot of orzo that had been cooked in chicken broth and bacon. Cook the bacon first then add it to the broth before cooking the orzo, by the time the pasta is done the bacon will be soft enough to ear, and if flavors the orzo nicely.

What to do? The painkillers they gave you.
Amen. Also dont do what I did and take your final exams while still on the vicodin. It doesn't go well.

the taste of blood in your mouth

I get that from eating chips / ice blocks too quickly : ( Although I don't mind the taste of blood, it is extremely painful when your gum is swollen.

Hello, today I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed (two impacted) as well as a fifth wisdomlike tooth (as the result of a genetic luck.)

I was wondering what you guys did /ate for this event to have the fastest healing and the most comfort?

Apple Sauce. Also don't use the painkillers, they aren't that necessary.

on an unrelated note anyone want a shitload of vicodin lol

I ate like soup and shit for about one day, then that was it. :/ No sit on my ass or meds either.

I ate like soup and shit for about one day, then that was it. :/ No sit on my ass or meds either.

Did you have fun not sitting on your ass with a swollen face?

Last edited:
You have one messed-up dentist. "Alright, now the only things soft enough for you to consume are soup and feces."

Damn I most likely have to get mine removed soon :( Went to the dentist yesterday cause I thought I had a cavity since it hurts but there was nothing on the X-Ray, the doc didn't really see any problem with my wisdom teeth as well but he said I better get a panoramic x-ray whatever that is to verify that I need my wisdom teeth removed...

I didn't know it was that much of a hassle...they have to cut into your gums to get those out?

A panoramic x-ray is basically a full picture of your mouth; it's way easier than taking a whole bunch of separate pictures of each tooth. Pain in teeth can transfer to different spots, so that's why the wisdom teeth are suspect.

And yes, they basically break the wisdom tooth and remove it, but you're knocked out the whole time. Varies between not really hurting and hurting like hell after. :)

I had mine out when I was 14, way earlier than most people, because I was having teeth pulled for braces, so therefore, I did not have to take a single pain pill afterward, because the teeth weren't formed yet, just little buds way down.

A panoramic x-ray is basically a full picture of your mouth; it's way easier than taking a whole bunch of separate pictures of each tooth. Pain in teeth can transfer to different spots, so that's why the wisdom teeth are suspect.

And yes, they basically break the wisdom tooth and remove it, but you're knocked out the whole time. Varies between not really hurting and hurting like hell after. :)
bahhh now I'm scared... How long does it take to recover from it? cause im going on a trip to the US on december 31st for a month and I'm not doing it if it fucks with my trip. I'll just wait till after cause it's not unbearable pain...

bahhh now I'm scared... How long does it take to recover from it? cause im going on a trip to the US on december 31st for a month and I'm not doing it if it fucks with my trip. I'll just wait till after cause it's not unbearable pain...

It will definetely fuck your trip up, you wouldn't be able to eat all the nice & spicy food.

Eh, took me a week or so. I was at work (an animal shelter, for what it's worth) two days later, but you'll notice the pain.

I had mine out when I was 14, way earlier than most people, because I was having teeth pulled for braces, so therefore, I did not have to take a single pain pill afterward, because the teeth weren't formed yet, just little buds way down.

Lucky, had mine out when I was 14 and they were pretty much fully formed. Hurt like hell, couldn't take anything stronger than Panadol because of allergies and intolerances to nearly every pain medication under the sun and got sick from the analgesics they initally tried me on.

My ideas for food? Milkshakes with malt and that protein stuff in them to keep your weight and energy up (I lost heaps of weight before I did this), smoothies, non-milk based ice blocks (if you aren't allowed to have dairy), mashed potato, pie fillings (you can even eat the soft pastry if you tear it into small pieces and grind it up with your tongue a bit- sorry for the descriptive-ness!) and lots of sugary drinks to keep my energy up- Coca-Cola worked well for me, but it was too acidic for one of my friends on her stitches.

Lucky, had mine out when I was 14 and they were pretty much fully formed. Hurt like hell, couldn't take anything stronger than Panadol because of allergies and intolerances to nearly every pain medication under the sun and got sick from the analgesics they initally tried me on.

:hug:

My oral surgeon was shocked that I did need any pain meds, apparently I was the only one every who did that, or at least, that he could remember.

Just stick to foods you don't have to chew much or at all.

Also, if you do take pain killers avoid anything aspirin or ibuprofen based for the first few days as both of these can thin your blood and make the wounds bleed too much - your dentist probably told you that already....