What to Eat/ Do after Wisdom Teeth Removal?

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/12/18/0716.png

Last edited:
(little off topic)
The aftermath of wisdom teeth removal depends if you had a surgery to get them removed.

I just got 2 of them removed without surgery because they were out, so the dentist just pulled them. The same day, you bleed a bit, but the in the evening it stops. I did not need painkillers, after one day it is over (the pain). I ate some crushed hard boiled eggs with mayo. the next day I was eating anything easily chewable.

If you need surgery because they aren't out, it is a litte more painful. when I got my other 2 pulled out last year, I needed maybe 2-3 days of convalescence. There was some pain, but it was bearable (for me) so I didn't need painkillers. I remember eating soup, drinking water for the most part. after that, its the same, you eat things easily chewable.

Im surprised some people were eating milk products. My dentist said that milk with blood make for a funny taste, and it could make me sick...

Well after reading all of this I'm not gonna touch it till I get back... It only hurts when I chew really crunchy stuff anyways so I'll just wait it out.

sephiroth99 : you had the "easy" way of removing teeth.

My wife had the "hard" way, where the teeth are no actually visible, and have to kinda be hacked out of the jaw (!!) to be removed. She ended up not eating for a week, because she could barely open her mouth

so, soup through a straw it was for her...

I got all of mine removed at once. I thought the whole thing was a walk in the park but then again I had had worse things done on my mouth before so I knew what to do and expect. Easy stuff, plus I had my oral surgeon (not dentist) from previous surgeries do it and hes a cool guy that really knows what his doing. Its kinda funny one of the neighbor girls across the street who is in my grade had them out the same day.

And yes, they basically break the wisdom tooth and remove it, but you're knocked out the whole time. Varies between not really hurting and hurting like hell after. :)

wut? For something as simply as wisdom teeth removal? I don't want to know what buddy actually did to you while you were out.... :blink:

I just got local anasthetic and listened to music while they sawed and yanked away.

And what's up with all the folks talking about lots of bleeding? If you keep the gauze on your empty sockets and keep pressure on them until the bleeding stops, and you'll probably have to change the gauze at least once, that should stop the bleeding pretty much for good other than a tiny trickle.

I had 2 impacted teeth removed last year..ouch.

After they were removed I contracted Dry Socket, a extremely painful condition where the fat nerve under your wisdom tooth gets exposed.

All i could do was sit there and stare at the wall...and try not to move. I couldnt even open my mouth....I lost 10 pounds that week! (no joke!)