What to Eat/ Do after Wisdom Teeth Removal?

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
Hello, today I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed (two impacted) as well as a fifth wisdomlike tooth (as the result of a genetic luck.)

I was wondering what you guys did /ate for this event to have the fastest healing and the most comfort?

Last edited:
I just had that done a few months ago. Worst time of my life. It gets worse as time progresses and then just goes away. My favourites were milkshakes, Asian soups, pre-packaged smoothies, and spinach.

Good luck!

They gave me some tic tac looking things....they where good.

after that i honestly was fine to eat just about anything comfortably. jello and those portien shakes are pretty good. A nice steak(rare and soft) and soup would do you good as well.

Apple sauce, mashed potatoes, milkshakes, soup, green beans, pudding and lots of water were my diet for the couple says after mine were taken out. Sitting through crappy high school classes the second day after I had mine out was the worst part of the whole thing.

I sat on my arse and watched tv.

Mushy food/jelly(jello?)/ice cream/smoothies/milkshakes are all winners on the food front.

Having mine out on the 23rd...

Aparantly they take them out a different way in Europe compared to US/AU

Lots and lots of yogurt.

Well I've never had any teeth pulled, but I did have an abscess front tooth this time last year which left me unable to eat damn near anything or even talk correctly. I got by for well over a week eating nothing but chicken broth and white bread soaked in said broth. However it did have some bad side effects...

Spoilered for being gross.

Because I was on an almost pure liquid diet for so long, I was horribly constipated by the time I got back on solid food, and the first BM I had after that was straight up painful.

So I recommend something at least semi solid like cream of wheat to keep you from running into the same problem. I also suggest a steady supply of pain killers.

I only had my bottom wisdom teeth taken out, the dentist hasn't said (yet) that there's any reason why my top two should come out, even though they are poking out of the gums a bit...

Anyways; Pasta, ice cream, milkshakes, popsicles, soup, mashed taters, and reaaaally tender chicken breasts.

Whatever you do be sure to rinse your mouth with some anti-bacterial mouth wash afterwards and be sure there isn't any food left where the teeth used to be (I had that problem, not nice, I had a little not-sharp syringe to flush it out).

I only ate shredded tuna from a can and very soft bread about 5 hours after the extraction was complete. Luckily, I was able to do that because my dentist only pulled two of my wisdom teeth out in each extraction. And I'm thankful because she did that, because in total, it was 2 and a half hours of screaming agony. One of the wisdom teeth on my left side was literally growing diagonally, and she had to chop it up and drill it to get it out.

It was horrible for about one week after the extraction each time. No sleeping on the side from which the teeth were pulled, swollen cheek, ice packs on the cheek all day long, no chewing on that side, the taste of blood in your mouth, and the taste of string used to tie up the gums until they heal.

Never want to experience that again. And, thankfully, I won't.

lots and lots of ice cream helps the swelling go down.

otherwise I wouldn't know since I have all my teeth left. My wife had her wisdom teeth pulled out a couple of years ago and she just drank alot of soup for a week.

loads of ice cream and yoghurt will help.

That's what my mate did.

Percocet