What Top Gear thinks the Porsche Panamera will look like

Up untill these pics I've thought it was a bad idea, the four door porsche. Just shows you what a nice pic can do. But we'll have to wait for some proper info from porsche to get a better idea of what it'll become.

Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it

Porsche are a sports car company, not a family car firm.

Panamera is muuuch more justifiable than a Cayenne, so.... Porsche has been there already, proved a success, and if anything that allowed them to make even better 911's :)
I'd love to see see something that directly challenges Quattroporte, maybe Aston will make their Rapide sometimes as well...

That said, I hate those renders, and I didn't like the camo'ed prototype. But as there's easily more than a year for official premiere, things will hopefully change.

Wow...it's like someone mashed a Hyundai Tiburon and a Chrysler Crossfire together in a sausage press right under the garbage chute at the Porsche factory.

I don't know... It looks like a Porsche, and there's no doubt it'll be very good (Head competitor: Maserati Quattroporte?). But there's just something wrong with its design. Since the Cayenne, some bolts came off Porsche's designers' head. Is it a BMW 1-series? Is it a Subaru Impreza? Is it a chopped-off and then elongated Cayman? With the Cayenne, I was able to forgive them, but when I saw this thing, I immediately decided that I'd like a 911 instead.

it is not instantly great looking, but has some "cool" in it. What I like about it is that it is a four door Porsche, which is a proper road car, not an off-road/on-road tank like the Cayenne..
I would guess it is going to have the same exact engines as the Cayenne as well.

Well its not as bad as it could have been, but still pointless. Porsche is a sportscar maker and should stick to that

looks, well, rubbish. Ive never been a huge fan of porsches or their design. I do like the new Turbo/GT2 and the Cayenne (strange i know, but i like the looks of it) but that is hideous. Buy a Rapide and there, you're sorted

They are covering all the market demands rather sucessfully,
that's a must for any corporation today... I rather like it
when they don't make an epically ugly car like the Cayenne.

So, this one is just fine.

It looks awful. The Aston Martin Rapide and (specially) the Maserati Quattroporte look exactly 459527 times better. I really hope that the "laziest design studio in the world" can come up with something better than this abomination. Otherwise this will be a failure of epic proportions.

Its a porsche, you can fit your kids in the back after they turn 2, and you dont look like a complete and total cock (aka you bought a Cayenne).

I like it a lot!

I will say this, at least your taste in cars is consistent with everything else you say.

I'd buy it. And then drive it like I stole it.

Coming to think about it, I'd probably have to steal it, because of the price.

I actually like it. It's not as high on the cock-o-meter as the Cayenne, which is a relief. Would I buy one? No. Would I sell it if you gave me the keys? No.

First of all, this is what Topgear magazine thinks it will look like. I have to disagree with that view.

I think it will have a longer, more flowing front end (it is front engined remember) which kinda resemble the look of Carrera GT (and not Cayenne). Rear end could be similar but smoother like 911. Think of this as a sleeker, longer 911 instead of a lowered Cayenne.

Spyvideo here shows more longer front and smoother back already.

I do kind of like the looks but I have concerns....

I'm sure some of us have seen the new Subaru Impreza & the way it looks. Subaru ruined it. There's no other word for it. They need their car to appeal to a wider audience than just the baseball cap wearing brigade.

So here is Porsche with their new car. Now I like it in principle but it seems to be something of a cop-out.

I hope this isn't a trend where some of the 'best' car makers start to water down their cars so as to reduce the scare factor & then hopefully sell more cars. Personally I think this is always a bad decison & I would love to know how they can justify it (and get away with it) in a boardroom :?

Best rendering I have seen: Shame it isn't really doable...
Panamera.jpg

Original sketch
porsche_panamera_sports_coupe01s.jpg

and just why not???? that actually looks like an interesting porsche.

This isn't something Porsche has published. It's an artists rendering, the Panamera is more like the Porsche 928 of old. The one Jeremy drove on the Porsche for 100 pound challenge.

none of these are real. All are artist drawings (in 3d). So only time will tell how well they do it.

On the other hand, only ppl who will buy it will be fat, balding business men who have kids and want something to show off while staying practical. The more ugly the Panamera, the more ridiculous they will look in it, so its all good :D