What toy should I buy with $500CAD?

ioynerien

Car(s)
'12 Opel Astra (ordered)
Why spend it, investing or saving it is also an option. Forget the "Carpe Diem" kind of lifestyle, think about the future, about buying a house or a car.

PS: what is a reading break

zaybxcwd12

Car(s)
2008 VW Touran S
Last edited:

'CruiserMan

Car(s)
Toyota 80 Series Landcruiser 4.2 diesel
I'd say clear of RC helis, they're almost impossible to learn to fly without help from a proficent pilot.

Some of the Parkzone Ready-to-fly planes might suit you, and they're well within your budget. The Super Cub would be ideal.

If you want an RC car, consider the Losi touring cars, they're epic fun: http://www.modelflight.com.au/team_losi/losi_xxx-sport_rtr.htm

JayChou

reading break is some sort of Holiday which is to encourage students to read more! obviously no one is reading.. hahahaha

I went to the LBS yesterday, and they are selling the savage X for $699:blink:
so.. I'm not getting it..

ah.. btw, we can't get guns in Canada, not even airsoft.. :(

klutch

Courteous urinator
Car(s)
Do it for me.
Get a dirtbike. Or a beater car, and a big field/mud pit/quarry/mountain and have some drunken fun.

'CruiserMan

Car(s)
Toyota 80 Series Landcruiser 4.2 diesel
You'd get a very good pushbike for that... A roadbike, a speedo and some decent roads makes for good fun when you don't have to pay for fuel, rego or licensing, as does a mountain bike if you've got some decent hills and fire trails around. Simple mechanics, no overhead costs, no fancy gizmos to go horribly wrong, no engine to drink fuel, you just can't go wrong with a decent bike.

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
crawlers, well i know a bit about them.

for fun, you can't beat the Tamiya txt. it's a kit, so you have to build it yourself, but they aren't too hard.

for the same amount of fun on a smaller scale, the TLT rock buster is good. or if you are looking for scale offroad, you can't beat an XC chassis (another one in my collection, mine's converted to rock crawl with a homemade 10kg electric winch)

i'm a member of Tamiyaclub, but i'm on my psp so i can't post links. google and look for me (same name)

Matt

biddy

Not A Dude
Car(s)
Nissan Sentra SER
go to thinkgeek.com and get the remote control tanks that shock - they are fantastic lol