What toy should I buy with $500CAD?

Why spend it, investing or saving it is also an option. Forget the "Carpe Diem" kind of lifestyle, think about the future, about buying a house or a car.

PS: what is a reading break

Last edited:
I'd say clear of RC helis, they're almost impossible to learn to fly without help from a proficent pilot.

Some of the Parkzone Ready-to-fly planes might suit you, and they're well within your budget. The Super Cub would be ideal.

If you want an RC car, consider the Losi touring cars, they're epic fun: http://www.modelflight.com.au/team_losi/losi_xxx-sport_rtr.htm

reading break is some sort of Holiday which is to encourage students to read more! obviously no one is reading.. hahahaha

I went to the LBS yesterday, and they are selling the savage X for $699:blink:
so.. I'm not getting it..

ah.. btw, we can't get guns in Canada, not even airsoft.. :(

Get a dirtbike. Or a beater car, and a big field/mud pit/quarry/mountain and have some drunken fun.

You'd get a very good pushbike for that... A roadbike, a speedo and some decent roads makes for good fun when you don't have to pay for fuel, rego or licensing, as does a mountain bike if you've got some decent hills and fire trails around. Simple mechanics, no overhead costs, no fancy gizmos to go horribly wrong, no engine to drink fuel, you just can't go wrong with a decent bike.

crawlers, well i know a bit about them.

for fun, you can't beat the Tamiya txt. it's a kit, so you have to build it yourself, but they aren't too hard.

for the same amount of fun on a smaller scale, the TLT rock buster is good. or if you are looking for scale offroad, you can't beat an XC chassis (another one in my collection, mine's converted to rock crawl with a homemade 10kg electric winch)

i'm a member of Tamiyaclub, but i'm on my psp so i can't post links. google and look for me (same name)

Matt

go to thinkgeek.com and get the remote control tanks that shock - they are fantastic lol