What Was Dad's Worst Car?

In my lifetime? His 2001 Jeep Cherokee(usa model I might add as the euro version is the american jeep liberty). Every weekend he wants to get wood chips or long timbers or some weekend project but he struggles doing all that with a small 4x4 like that. He had a 1992 Ford Ranger and that suited him perfectly for such projects, but alas my brother crashed it. :(

2001 was the last year of the XJ Cherokee Sport. The Liberty (KJ) didn't start in the US until 2002.

3.0 CRDI 150 hp (110kw) fucking masive power

It would be great car if it wouldint fall apart :D
got it from car repair centre 1 week ago lets see how it will last now...

In europe, I saw a hyundai minivan with one of those hood scoops.

but my dad had a chevy vega at one point. at the same time, my mom had a ford pinto.

When they were in the shop the mechanic's loader car was an AMC Pacer

While I was growing up my Dad always had odd, but strangely cool cars. He had a 600hp '79 Malibu wagon, a NASTY VW 411 with Porsche drivetrain, a Pinto that was so fast it was just plain wrong. The year I graduated high school though, he got a 1987 Toyota Tercel and holy crap was it a POS! I must admit that it was the car that would never die, but every panel was rusted, it had a VERY bad CV joint that he refused to fix, and the only non-drivetrain bit that actually worked was the AM side of the radio. It was comically sad, but that car just went and went and went and went... I don't think he even changed the oil in that car one time in the 4 years he owned it! COme to think of it, I wonder if he just used that car a an experiment??

I had to think about this one and it narrowly beat out the Mustang II:

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ka/kajun/2010/06/26/1978Amc-Concord-2Dr.jpg

Behold the AMC Concord! What took the cake was the fact that he had two of the damn things, one of which was the first car I ever drove. Even with my then limited knowledge of cars I could tell it was quite sh

^ Heh, my grandmother had one of those, except newer, in four doors, and orange with a brown roof. My memories of that car were that I broke the door handle as a little kid, I was impressed by how the fake wood was so thin the defrost light shone through it, and once a year everything broke - during one of those push/pull/drag promotions my brothers wondered if leaking oil and parts falling off would disqualify it.

Last edited:
Did they come with a piano on them?

No. The first one he had become a write off when another marina drove into it, he bought another one but sold it soon after since it was rubbish. His v8 valient had cooling issues.

1986 Pontiac 6000 LE station wagon.
Wasn't a bad car though. Digital dash, good V6. WON in 3 seperate engagements between a ferrari and 2 courier trucks, in not-at-fault accidents where only minor damage was done to the Pontiac, and the aggressor was totaled. Sold in 2001 for $2500, was finally done in by joyriders in 04 who stole it from the new owner and wrote it off.

Dad's worst vehicle ever was this:
1996-dodge-dakota.jpg

Dodge Dakota, complete with an utterly pathetic 4 cylinder. Looked about like that one too. It replaced a 1981 Chevrolet C10 that he'd been using for work (someone ran a stop sign and ran into it, otherwise I'm sure he'd still own it). With only a third the miles the C10 had on it, the Dakota fell apart faster, got about the same gas mileage, had less payload capacity and suffered 2 catastrophic failures. First, the snout of the cam snapped off and pistons met valves. According to the guy who rebuilt it, it's a common problem with that engine. A few months (and probably 15k miles) later the block cracked and my dad gave up on it. I tried to convince him to drop a 318 in it, but nope: "Shouldn't of bought a damn Dodge in the first place.", is all he had to say about it.
:lol:

My dad had 3 Rover 800's. One after another. They were all fastback's though, as seen bellow:

800px-1997.rover.800.arp.jpg

This one:

fiat%20ritmo%20prima.jpg

:D

And after that one three of these:

Fiat_Ritmo_60L_1987.jpg

followed by three Tipo's, a Brava and a Marea weekend, but the last two were ok

My dad had a thing for Fiats :D, but now he has a new love in the form of a Skoda Octavia.

Dad's worst vehicle ever was this:
1996-dodge-dakota.jpg

Dodge Dakota, complete with an utterly pathetic 4 cylinder. Looked about like that one too. It replaced a 1981 Chevrolet C10 that he'd been using for work (someone ran a stop sign and ran into it, otherwise I'm sure he'd still own it). With only a third the miles the C10 had on it, the Dakota fell apart faster, got about the same gas mileage, had less payload capacity and suffered 2 catastrophic failures. First, the snout of the cam snapped off and pistons met valves. According to the guy who rebuilt it, it's a common problem with that engine. A few months (and probably 15k miles) later the block cracked and my dad gave up on it. I tried to convince him to drop a 318 in it, but nope: "Shouldn't of bought a damn Dodge in the first place.", is all he had to say about it.
:lol:

My buddy had one of those with the V6, it was still shit. The paint was peeling and the whole car was falling apart. Finally it was handed down to his lardass sister-in-law who put it out of it's misery in a crash.

The only good thing is that two people can change the fuel filter in about one minute. My job was to hold the two fuel lines as the filter was removed to keep gas from draining onto the driveway.