what/who is/are Intersection Magazine and how good is it?

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
i have this guy on flickr who just sent me a message yesterday asking for me to send him some of my photos from croft last year and asking for my permission to use them (possibly) in the magazine he is part of.

apparently they are doing a feature on Lord Paul Drayson.

lord paul for those not in the know, used to be a government minister or something in the UK who dropped his "proffession" to concentrate full time on racing.

he owns the barwell motorsports bio-ethanol fuelled DBRS9 race car which competed in last years British GT and is co-driven by one of my old mates Johnathon Cocker (who is by far the better pilot of the two)

the two are currently taking part in the ALMS with this car (with a few bits to make it up to a GT2 spec car whilst they wait on a proper GT2 vantage) so i guess this could be the reason for the mag article.

i was at croft last year and have many shots of his car in action and in the pits n stuff and now this guy would like to use them in his magazine.

thing is i have never heard of this mag, ever..... their website looks flash though, but anyone can have a flash website. on the otherhand they clearly have money to burn by being able to submerge a brand new 3.2 V6 TT in the same swimming pool clarkson drove a rolls into on TG, just for a photo shoot. this is a video on their site.

http://www.intersectionmagazine.com/

Oh you mean this bloke?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Drayson,_Baron_Drayson

Er not sure about him, extract from wiki:

Drayson has been involved in public controversy on two occasions:

• In 2002 PowderJect was awarded a ?32 million government smallpox vaccine contract without competition shortly after Paul Drayson donated ?50,000 to the Labour Party. Following a Parliamentary enquiry no improper activity was identified.
  • Following his elevation to the House of Lords, made a working peer entitled Baron Drayson, of Kensington in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, in May 2004, he gave the Labour Party another ?500,000, raising allegations that his peerage had been "bought".
He went to Dulwich College! Yew. ...

I can't tell if they're real or not, but if they are, that is one cheap subscription fee.

On another note: It looks better than most (all) US car mags. Though, for some reason UK mags always look better than the US counterparts. Also, I'd love to read the article about the DMC12's being resurrected.

On closer glance they have US sales too. I've never seen them before. I'm going to check Barnes and Noble, though, they look like an interesting read (if only a quarterly mag).

Edit: Amazon.com is selling subscriptions, so they are probably legitimate.

Last edited:
Oh you mean this bloke?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Drayson,_Baron_Drayson

Er not sure about him, extract from wiki:

Drayson has been involved in public controversy on two occasions:

• In 2002 PowderJect was awarded a ?32 million government smallpox vaccine contract without competition shortly after Paul Drayson donated ?50,000 to the Labour Party. Following a Parliamentary enquiry no improper activity was identified.
  • Following his elevation to the House of Lords, made a working peer entitled Baron Drayson, of Kensington in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, in May 2004, he gave the Labour Party another ?500,000, raising allegations that his peerage had been "bought".
He went to Dulwich College! Yew. ...

drayson isnt the bloke after the pictures, some mag writer is