What will series 11 be like?

RSharpe

Fifth Gear's series 10 has been over for some time, and I'm not sure anyone really liked it at a.. Top Gear is back, but it seems that the series will be gear far more towards entertainment than cars now.

Does anyone else want Fifth Gear to return to the format of series 8 and 9? For petrolheads who just want to know as much as possible about as many of the great cars that are coming out these days, I think FG has done a better job and I really wish that they would return to form for series 11.

Let's just forget 10 ever happened and get rid of the horrid format and Lovejoy along with it.

Get back to driving and reviewing cars please!
Who's with me?

Last edited:
yeah alright Im with ya.

Yeah, I'd like for Fifth gear to return to the old format. Get rid of the cafe and lovejoy...

I was really starting to like fifth gear by the end, that parking thing loverjoy did and the banger racing was really enjoyable I thought. As for what season 11 holds all I really wish for is more tiff and less vicky. Her screeching voice is just like nails down a chalkboard for me.

Fifth Gear's series 10 has been over for some time, and I'm not sure anyone really liked it at a.. Top Gear is back, but it seems that the series will be gear far more towards entertainment than cars now.

Does anyone else want Fifth Gear to return to the format of series 8 and 9? For petrolheads who just want to know as much as possible about as many of the great cars that are coming out these days, I think FG has done a better job and I really wish that they would return to form for series 11.

Let's just forget 10 ever happened and get rid of the horrid format and Lovejoy along with it.

Get back to driving and reviewing cars please!
Who's with me?

I haven't seen FG Season 10, but from what you guys have said it sounds like Rocky Five. I think Fifth Gear has a huge problem. One that even Henry Kissinger couldn't solve.

There really is no reason for Fifth Gear. I'm sure its profitable but it really doesn't know what it wants to be. If you think about Top Gear's format, it's really a bit of a mess, but they have a really good team of hosts who are entertaining to watch in and of themselves. Much unlike the hosts of FG.

I hope it gets canned. Of course it won't, as channel five is the worst, most pointless channel on TV, and it's got high viewings compared to the utter waste they usually show. If they change back to the old format, that would be very good, but they of course won't, because it's obviously run by a complete load of blithering idiots, if their idea of Tim Lovejoy, wreck my ride (who with a love of cars wants to see that?), and getting Orson on (one of the most embarassing moments the series has ever had) has anything to go by.
It'll slowly die off, and I won't give a shit. Rant over.

a day before it goes on air tiff will probably be charged with murdering Tim Buttjoy

I hope it gets canned. Of course it won't, as channel five is the worst, most pointless channel on TV, and it's got high viewings compared to the utter waste they usually show. If they change back to the old format, that would be very good, but they of course won't, because it's obviously run by a complete load of blithering idiots, if their idea of Tim Lovejoy, wreck my ride (who with a love of cars wants to see that?), and getting Orson on (one of the most embarassing moments the series has ever had) has anything to go by.
It'll slowly die off, and I won't give a shit. Rant over.

Yep thats right nobody watches alll three CSI, Prison Break, House, Greys Anatomy or Any of the films they show.

They certinly havent won any awards for their shows :roll:

Was speaking to Jason Plato at the weekend.(Bloody nice bloke!!:) ) He says they are starting filming for the new series in march but no dates for transmission have been confirmed yet. Didnt say if the format was chaging or not.

Yep thats right nobody watches alll three CSI, Prison Break, House, Greys Anatomy or Any of the films they show.

They certinly havent won any awards for their shows :roll:

Come on, you know I meant shows they actually make, rather than wait for some yanks to make something good then buy the rights.

Was speaking to Jason Plato at the weekend.(Bloody nice bloke!!:) ) He says they are starting filming for the new series in march but no dates for transmission have been confirmed yet. Didnt say if the format was chaging or not.

Well depending on when that video from youtube is from, my guess is the new series could be either as bad or worse than series 10.

i got this back from one of they directors just yesterday

"Thanks for your message. Last series of Fifth Gear was very successful for Channel Five. In total, viewing figures were higher than the last series. The new series is due in April and will again look to improve as every new series tries to."

gulp

If Johhny Smith is that damn ricer bitch... then he has to go too.