• The Stig and Power Laps

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Specials

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • News segments

Votes: 34 41.5%
  • The Cool Wall

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Unusual Reviews (Hilux Destruction, Fiesta in the mall, etc...)

Votes: 31 37.8%

• Total voters
I miss things like that:

11703170_990745964322241_3472688822226289605_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/ClarksonMa...0.1437684504./990745964322241/?type=1&theater

what will you miss about Top Gear?

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=hZvxvAivlwQ[/video]

Last edited:
I'll miss The News, the road trips, and the car challenges (particularly in the early, unscripted form like the "Italian mid-engine supercars for 10K" or the "Under 100 pound cars". I'll miss both the serious and the unusual car reviews. And I'll miss James being pedantic and technically detailed.

I will not miss SIARPC, bottom scrapers in scripting like the India special, the Sweeny episode, or the Canada rescue episode. And pretty much anything that involves outsiders other than the three stooges themselves. And I will not miss the increasingly disrespect for cars - at least, of you're going to crash into something, or drop it, or blow it up, do it to an old junker, not a serviceable vehicle.

It'll be interesting to see both what the three of them comes up with, and what Evans can do with TG. It is not unlikely that we could *gasp* end up with TWO shows worth watching. Just as it's not given that either of them will be worth it... In that case: Hooray for the back catalog of recordings!

It's like Andy Wilman said, the success of the show wasn't planned, it just happened. It'll be tough for something like that to "just happen" ever again.

It won't ever "just happen" again, precisely because people in the BBC will be dissecting it in minute detail and trying to force the elements in - the best things in entertainment evolve, organically. Clarkson May and Hammond had a unique chemistry, but that was also harnessed by a superb crew and director. There was increasing evidence that Top Gear as it was, was running out of time - indeed people were already asking if it had "jumped the shark".