What would you propose Andy Wilman as a Top Gear challenge?

luapl

Car(s)
vw rabbit 08
Im sorry if this idea has already been discussed but i asked myself the question today as i was re-watching the american road trip episode. If i had the possibility to recommend an idea for a segment or a challenge what would it be. Then i began to think to myself they must have thought of everything up until now....but of course that is impossible. After thinking about this all day i've had trouble coming up with something good.

If you had the opportunity to convince Andy Wilman of a Top Gear Challenge what would it be? So i ask members of the forum this: what would be your dream segment or challenge. who knows maybe someone's idea could become a reality....One can only dream right!

They all start in Dover with supercars and the winner is the first one to get to Harrods and buy James a new shirt.

That could be good. I have read in some of their articles that they play the "airport game" i think is what they call it and they try to dare someone into buying something. Come to think of it maybe this has something to do with this season and the weird items of clothing that they are wearing because of "mysterious" bets.

I would love for them to enter the $2009 Grassroots Motorsport Challenge. For those that don't know, the basic idea is you are allowed a budget of $2009 (except wheel and tires) including the cost of the car. You are allowed to recoup half of that ($3013.5 total) by selling parts off the car. The Challenge winner is determined by three categories of points: drag race, autocross, and concours. I say, send them to America, give them $2009 and two weeks.

Either that, or, in anticipation of Fast and Furious, give them a budget of $15,000 (5000 on the car, 10,000 on mods) to build a car that can compete with those in the movies. Require them to have lights on the car (I could see Richard using a strobe light and Clarkson using the lights off of a Diesel Locomotive).

Theres two ideas, go, produce.

race around the world using cars from countries that they are in at the time. Can be downgraded to just europe or something

Find a Star to put in the RPC that nobody on here complains about. Now that's a challenge.

a supermini group test or challenge would be fine by me.

I was being slightly sarcastic as I realise it is pretty much an impossible task.

However it got me thinking. To achieve this they would need a guest who:
1. Everyone has heard of, be they in the UK, US, Australia or anywhere else so noone can complain they've never heard of the guest.
2. Can talk and be entertaining.
3. Is a total petrolhead.
4. Probably has something to plug as well but that plug is relevant to Top Gear.

So I give you........... http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2008/11/17/jc-in-the-movies/

Eric Bana as the guest during series 13 or 14 once they have a distribution deal for the movie here in the UK.

As fbc said, this is the internet and someone will always complain, but I reckon he'd be as near to perfection as you'd get based on the criteria above.

Anyway back on topic......

I'd be keen to see Jeremy let James get a word in edgeways (although he has been improving lately) but the biggest challenge of all would be to get Jeremy to STOP SUCKING IN AIR OVER HIS TEETH AT THE START OF PHRASES! He only started doing it in the last couple of years (or maybe I only just noticed it then) but it's REALLY annoying.

If US and Russia really makes TG, that would be cool competions TG vs TGA vs TGR vs TGUS and every top gear would make some challanges in their own country :)

A "Manly Cooking In The Garage" contest.

Given the list of ingridients each presenter has to come up with a dish, and a shopping route to get all the ingridients. Of course the ingridients should be picked with consideration of different, not easy-accessible locations they can be bought in, like a rush hour major city, a rural village shop etc, so the shopping route is tricky and requires different means of transport for each of the boys to use to do all the shopping in limited time period. While shopping, if anything from the list is sold out in the target area, a presenter has to come up with a replacement or another place to get it from, still not going over a time limit.

Each presenter gets a chef assigned to him (some1 famous) to help cook the dish, but they are only allowed to do it in one's garage (no matter how small or how junked) and cook using construction tools and powertools like a chainsaw, a press, electric cutter, planner, drill, hammer, spanners and others. At the end, each presenter+chef team has to tast other team's dishes.

(Of course the food that will be actually eaten, for safety reasons, has to be either seriously cleaned of all the possible metal chips and stuff from powertool usage or replaced with regulary cooked food, just for the safety)

Reactions: MWF
A "Manly Cooking In The Garage" contest.

Given the list of ingridients each presenter has to come up with a dish, and a shopping route to get all the ingridients. Of course the ingridients should be picked with consideration of different, not easy-accessible locations they can be bought in, like a rush hour major city, a rural village shop etc, so the shopping route is tricky and requires different means of transport for each of the boys to use to do all the shopping in limited time period. While shopping, if anything from the list is sold out in the target area, a presenter has to come up with a replacement or another place to get it from, still not going over a time limit.

Each presenter gets a chef assigned to him (some1 famous) to help cook the dish, but they are only allowed to do it in one's garage (no matter how small or how junked) and cook using construction tools and powertools like a chainsaw, a press, electric cutter, planner, drill, hammer, spanners and others. At the end, each presenter+chef team has to tast other team's dishes.

(Of course the food that will be actually eaten, for safety reasons, has to be either seriously cleaned of all the possible metal chips and stuff from powertool usage or replaced with regulary cooked food, just for the safety)

You know what? I really like that idea. I'm a bit of a foodie myself and that has a certain appeal. Also they have had three celebrity chefs in the history of the show who would pair quite naturally as follows:

Clarkson - Gordon Ramsey (cue lots of swearing and shouting)
Hammond - Jamie Oliver
May - Anthony Worrall Thompson (he made Jeremy's hair omelette but hasn't been a SIARPC. Irritating little man who would get right on James' tits. Once described by Gordon Ramsey as looking "like a squashed Bee Gee"!)

Unlike Heather Mills this idea might have legs!

As for the safety issue remember past shows have featured the consumption of:
1. Food cooked on an engine.
2. Golden snow.
3. Hair Omelette
4. Beef and Brick Smoothies
5. Apple run over by a Merc C63
6. BBQ'd squirrel and roadkill steak (unconfirmed)

Enter the 24 Hours of Lemons. Versus Top Gear America.

I hope nothing like that every happens. The TG vs. DMotor thing was awful and I don't care about the other versions wasting UK TG time when we could have proper challenges or maybe some cars.