What would you propose Andy Wilman as a Top Gear challenge?

Bring back the rocket men

Bring back the rocket men

The guys that did the mini ski jump and the reliant shuttle.

They need to go back to the 'ring and do some sort of challenge there. Like buy a cheap car and try to get the fastest time of the three.

I would like to see them go on a "photo safari." In these days of budget cuts, this would not mean going someplace exotic and photographing, like it typically does.

They could start by each picking out a car that would be good for a photographer. As a photographer, I would look for something that's powerful enough to get me to good light before the sun sets, rugged enough that I can put my dirty boots and gear inside, but also sleek and stylish enough that I can drive it up to my next gallery opening, get out, and not be embarrassed. It would also have to have enough boot space (that locks) so I can stash away my camera gear without worry (no convertibles or open-sided jeeps, thank you very much.)

Then, for a challenge, they would each have to take still photos (using camera gear of their selection) while riding as a passenger in the car. Since "drive by" shootings have become quite popular, they would each have to make a small set of "drive by" images and present them as part of the challenge. They could even do a mini "gallery exhibit" where they auction off prints to raise money for charity (or some such thing) with the winner being the one who sold the most prints or received the best review from an art critic.

I think it would be fun and easy for them to do and I'd be curious to see what kind of "drive by" shots they would each get.

A few (my girlfriend thought these up):

Bus Driver Challenge
Pretty much what it says on the tin, they've been limo drivers, taxi drivers and truck drivers.. logical next step is a double decker loaded up with 80 school kids...

Cheap Convertible Challenge
Usual pro forma, but with convertables.. i.e. old MX5, old MR2 and old... errr.. something.

Living with a super car
They always go on about how wonderful supercars are, inspite of the credit crisis. Therefore each presenter gets a super car to use as their only car for a week. This is also a good opportunity to deploy the "presenters pick each others cars" concept to ensure they get the most ludicrous cars possible.

Car vs. Train Russian Edition
Like the other races but on a spectacular multi-day scale.

Living with a super car
They always go on about how wonderful supercars are, inspite of the credit crisis. Therefore each presenter gets a super car to use as their only car for a week. This is also a good opportunity to deploy the "presenters pick each others cars" concept to ensure they get the most ludicrous cars possible.

...and so the guys just don't choose their favourites (again...see 7x03). I like this idea, too.

I'd also like to see them go back to the Nurburgring for a challenge. They've not been there in a while.