What would you want as your last meal?

ahpadt

Forum Addict
A very subjective question. :)

Personally I don't really have a favorite single dish. I love steak frites but I'd prolly want as many tasting courses as possible for my last meal. Right now I'd be happy if I could have my last meal at Pollen St Social.

2011-10-13-21-40-10-e1318640606857.jpg

Easy....

Sauteed squid tubes and tentacles to start

28371_calamari_parsley_garlic_2_600.jpg

Lamb souvlaki with a side of rice pilaf

20090319-pork-souvlaki.jpg

IMG_2738.JPG

And galaktoboureko for dessert.

Galaktoboureko-Greek-Milk-Pie-with-Phyllo-Dough-DSC03100.jpg

A very subjective question. :)

Personally I don't really have a favorite single dish. I love steak frites but I'd prolly want as many tasting courses as possible for my last meal. Right now I'd be happy if I could have my last meal at Pollen St Social.

If you are being put to death in the US, it's usually just what they can pick up at the local grocery store.

Hmm...if it's just...like...I know my heart will stop at such-and-such time, then I would have cashew chicken from Yen Ching in Milwaukee, WI. Maybe a burger from The Counter with chedder cheese, mayo, suteed muchrooms, fried onion strings, and a fried egg on an english muffin.

If I was on death row and would have to pick from a grocery store, then I would have to say...either a Dairy Queen ice cream cake with crunchy chocolate and gooey fudge center, or some Haggen Daas Peanut Butter & Chocolate ice cream and some with a side of some black pepper jerky, and a 12 pack of Mt Dew, floating in a bucket of salted ice water. No idea why.

I'd have my mother's chicken soup (I'm such a Jew), a shawarma with all the stuff on it (hummus, salad, grilled onions, fries, amba, tehina pickles, eggplant, parsley, hot sauce), a slice of my mother's apple cake, a large lager of sorts and a cup of tea with mint.

Something tasty, yet would leave a HUGE mess behind for the prison warden to clean up after I was executed.

I think a nice curry Loco Moco would fit that bill nicely.

loco4a.jpg

LOCO-MOCO1.jpg

Proper Last Meal: Fish and Chips from Robertsons in Whitby with tons of buttered bread, curry sauce an' mushy peas. Washed down with a can of Fizzy Vimto an' possibly a pint of ale.

Corner Shop Meal: Chicken an' Mushroom Pot Noodle. Cadbury's Fudge Bar, can of Fizzy Vimto again an' a 50p mix. :lol:

Chips cheese and gravy with a Cumberland sausage. Unfortunately, I want the gravy from Sheffield, the chips from the Little Chippy in Penrith and the sausage from Cranstons of Cumbria. On the side, some XL Cheese crisps, a tin of D&B and a pint of draught Guinness.